2023/24 Amadou Onana

One of our best players. I see he's getting the usual abuse.

The best comments typically, "lets sell". Of course for an enormous profit because he's 'terrible'.

I cant tell if they're a special type of dumb or something less savoury.

Enjoy being alone at Christmas...rats.
But he isn't one of our better players.

Garner is 10 times the player he is.

A total meh of a player. He should be dominating teams in this league and yet just does 20 mins of last ditch tackles because he is so out of position.

What annoys me more that how poor the pen was, is how he wanted it to be ABOUT him and yet didn't think I WILL SINK THIS and I'll be the man.

Care more about himself than the team.

Utterly ridiculous what he thought he was doing and let's get it straight, a utterly useless person.

He should be bossing midfields and yet just coasts off others. Never been a fan and honestly gutted Chelsea can't spend mad and buy him.

A total meh of a player. He should be dominating teams in this league and yet just does 20 mins of last ditch tackles because he is so out of position.

Football is not for you.

This is next level dumb.

Has to be a contender for worst penalty ever taken by anybody ever in the history of Goodison Park.

Has put himself into the history books with this one, especially the context. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

The whole ground was embarrased for him. Complete Amatuer.
Andy Johnson against Kharkiv and Big Dunc v West Brom far worse

Pretty much any other player would be getting dogs abuse for that, absolutely shocking and let his teammates down. How many other chances will some of them players get To get that far in a cup.
Proved he’s not to be trusted when the chips are down.

I’m raging… that was totally disrespectful to the opponents keeper, the fans , management and his team mates.

That penalty had Paul pogba vibes all over it. If you miss a pen then fair enough, hit the post, keeper saves , blaze it over etc.

But a standing 1 yard run up with a weak as f side foot straight at the keeper?

I would be tearing him to shreds if it was dyche.

I’ll say one more thing then I’m out of this echo chamber of nonsense thread for a while…

He didn’t just try this out of the blue. They work on these, lineup is predetermined, he’s done this in training and it must have come off or else he would have been the 11th taker.

I’ll say one more thing then I’m out of this echo chamber of nonsense thread for a while…

He didn’t just try this out of the blue. They work on these, lineup is predetermined, he’s done this in training and it must have come off or else he would have been the 11th taker.
Absolutely spot on and what I said to a lad abusing him in the crowd, this will be the pen that had the highest success percentage in training

Absolutely spot on and what I said to a lad abusing him in the crowd, this will be the pen that had the highest success percentage in training
I didn't see the match, just the replays of the penalties. But that CAN'T be the highest success pen. It was just so so slow, theres no way a keeper doesn't save that if he dives the right way.

Penalties should almost always just be blasted. Pace beats reactions 9/10 times.

He's going to be a special player, anyone saying he's been poor over the last few games is just wrong, takes the ball off the defenders under pressure time and time again, always an outlet always available, and generally very competitive.

His pen however was totally outrageous let's be honest, pogba esque buying into his own hype, cost us the game and probably wiped about 5 mil off his summer transfer value. Tbf not all on him, couldn't believe it when Gana stepped up, genuinely would of had Pickford before him...

Kin ell lads…. He’s missed a penalty ffs not been banging yer wife….. yes the pen was poor and he should have laced it but that’s shoot outs for you … it’s a lottery… I bet he feels worse than any of us on here …. It might kick him on to prove himself if he feels he owes the fans .. you never know
Exactly this.

The pile-on is ridiculous.

It's a shoot out, pressure gets to people. I said to my mate pre shoot out I didn't want him in the first 5, but he had the balls to put himself forward, fair play.

Hopefully he'll get a good reception on Saturday and again v City.

He's not the enemy.

Yet the experts in the game like the manager of Arsenal will prob play 80 million for this meh of a player and he will go on to win trophies and play in the champions league.

He's going to be a special player, anyone saying he's been poor over the last few games is just wrong, takes the ball off the defenders under pressure time and time again, always an outlet always available, and generally very competitive.

His pen however was totally outrageous let's be honest, pogba esque buying into his own hype, cost us the game and probably wiped about 5 mil off his summer transfer value. Tbf not all on him, couldn't believe it when Gana stepped up, genuinely would of had Pickford before him...
I would have had neither Onana or Gana near the penos. Fully agree when I saw gana step up I know it was all over. Lad scored a goal recently after taking 1000 shots