Alan Shearer says Everton are favourites for 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be another January where we're all saying "if only Kenwright could scrape together 10 million to help us consolidate our position and add one special player to the squad" - alas it won't happen, injuries will strike and we'll finish 7th.

What's worst is we don't even need 10M...

Donovan for a few million... Ofoe on loan... Maybe holtby for a around 3M (contract nearly up)

Just those 3 would strengthen us a lot. I personally don't think fellaini will be allowed to leave in jan and if he goes in the summer, as much as a loss he will clearly be I fully trust moyes will make us a better team/squad with the massive cash he will generate!

This will be another January where we're all saying "if only Kenwright could scrape together 10 million to help us consolidate our position and add one special player to the squad" - alas it won't happen, injuries will strike and we'll finish 7th.

Still expecting Ofoe in on loan in January. Surely nothing has changed since we tried to get him.

i think the reason we're being bigged up so much and not WBA is because of the performances. WBA have been very good this season (something i tipped them to do last season) but they don't have a mass of quality and will probably drop off near the end. I stil expect them to be battleing with fulham and newcastle for 7th-9th positions. I think top 6 for us is guaranteed, we've smashed a fair few teams this season, hence the plaudits. Think AVB will take the europa seriously so that will be a distraction for them but i'd never write off arsenal. They started off well at the back but their back 5 is nothing special this year (vermaelan looks dog ****e) and will likely to be breached quite a few times. they obviously won't recover in the same manner as last season without van persie, but giroud is starting to find some form and they certainly will be challenging

i think the reason we're being bigged up so much and not WBA is because of the performances. WBA have been very good this season (something i tipped them to do last season) but they don't have a mass of quality and will probably drop off near the end. I stil expect them to be battleing with fulham and newcastle for 7th-9th positions. I think top 6 for us is guaranteed, we've smashed a fair few teams this season, hence the plaudits. Think AVB will take the europa seriously so that will be a distraction for them but i'd never write off arsenal. They started off well at the back but their back 5 is nothing special this year (vermaelan looks dog ****e) and will likely to be breached quite a few times. they obviously won't recover in the same manner as last season without van persie, but giroud is starting to find some form and they certainly will be challenging

mofro will kill arsenal in the box, the look very poor at clearing crosses, time to pull another stokesk long ball game out of the moyes armoury and pound them into submission

Now everyone has heard Kompany big him up, im sure he now on everyones radar.

I think we'd be quite an attractive club for him though don't you? Top 4 at present, playing great football and 2 Belgian team mates. He's already agreed to sign for us once, i don't see what would have changed his mind since.

You'd think, that with all the current hype, Bill would be out there spruiking us to the Arabs or someone with cash wouldn't you?

What a nobhead. Imagine how much him and all the other pundits would slit their wrists if us and WBA got into the top 4, and Liverpool outside the top 10.
Be beautiful that, they'd probs cancel MOTD and try and push cricket to be the most popular sport again though.

mofro will kill arsenal in the box, the look very poor at clearing crosses, time to pull another stokesk long ball game out of the moyes armoury and pound them into submission

i reckon we could run rings around their full backs as well. Sagna and santos? are the opposite to dixon and winterburn and with us attacking them from both flanks we would cause them plenty of problems. Just gotta hope the crosses are good quality

We should stop worrying about who we may nor may not sign in January. Our squad IS good enough to finish 4th. Mirallas and Naismith are very early into their Goodison careers and are looking better each week. Gibson, Anichebe & Hibbert still to return.

We just need to work on being a bit more coherent in defense and stop giving away the lead so easily.

It's there for the taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.