Alan Myers leaves Everton for 'personal reasons'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devastating this one. He's been as much a part of the current revival as Roberto. Wish him the very best, and sincerely hope that whatever "the demands of Goodison Park" were (club statement) they don't rob us of more wonderful folks.

Revival is relative, seen as we're set to finish lower than last season.

But agree with the sentiment of the thread, Alan Myers has been good for Everton.

Porbably fed up of feeding bullshit to the fans to fend off criticism of the dictator Kenwright.

Getting abuse from belters on social media must get weary after a while, the day he snapped & left twitter temporarily showed it was patently getting to him. Whatever his reasons its a crying shame he's left as he was a genuine breath of fresh air.

His previous tweets suggest he's been a little unwell.

Hope it's nothing serious.

Club statement said "He sees his future away from the demands of GP" So it could be a stress thing I guess, but you dont usually resign cos of illness, gardening leave is more common. But hey, got no more of an idea than anyone else me.

If you can't sell the lies you make you will die by the end of this day....... (Ashton, AD2014)

I think this quote is very apt in this situation. Perhaps the demands of the club wanted to spin information and paint the lies as truth was something he was not interested in doing. Therefore he has walked away before he became the scapegoat for fans to latch onto.

Status
Not open for further replies.