"Alan Ball - The Man In White Boots" by David Tossell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic slightly, but it's that darker blue that I want on our shirts. I do think that our recent strips have lighter shades of blue (please do tell me if that's cobblers and it is the exact same Pantone).
But I want us playing in that colour and playing that way with players that other teams fear. Especially Liverpool.

I think the rumour at the time was something to do with gambling debts

According to the book that wasn't the case.

Catterick thought that Alan Ball was getting less effective - it's true that he scored fewer goals than previously, but he should have stayed with us for another four year at least. To see him replaced by a journeyman like Mike Bernard was heartbreaking.

If I could change one thing in our history, I'd have Harry Catterick retire after we won the league in 1970. Appoint Brian Clough as manager and we'd have dominated football for years.

According to the book that wasn't the case.

Catterick thought that Alan Ball was getting less effective - it's true that he scored fewer goals than previously, but he should have stayed with us for another four year at least. To see him replaced by a journeyman like Mike Bernard was heartbreaking.

If I could change one thing in our history, I'd have Harry Catterick retire after we won the league in 1970. Appoint Brian Clough as manager and we'd have dominated football for years.
Brian Clough and Peter Shilton mate, and we’d have ruled football for years :(

This sums up the Man with the white boots - "Mr perpetual Motion" I think it was the 8-0 hammering of Southampton !
2c6b9acca1d4036b10d1828483545be1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.