Advice for first time at Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobbo

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Hi, My Fiancée and I are coming over to Europe and the UK from Australia in February 2015 for our honeymoon and are planning to be at the Leicester City game at Goodison. I still can't believe we are going to be watching the blues play at Goodison.
My questions are what seats should I buy for our first time, with unobstructed views and a great atmosphere (it will be a long time until this happens again for us so want to experience everything)?
Also is there a chance of meeting the players or getting their signatures when they arrive or leave? If so how long before or after the game and where at?
Also what pub do people usually go to before or after the game to celebrate the win?
I know the game isn't for a while but I am trying to plan things so we can experience everything make the day as good as possible.
Thanks

Alright mate!

For your atmosphere you likely want to be in the lower Gwladys. I would suggest from row S back but no further than AA personally but that's just my personal fave spot. Definitely that stand though for your atmosphere.

Before the game the players all pull up in the Park End car park after 1pm for a 3pm game. You might get ten autographs, you might get none. It's entirely the luck of the draw depending on how close you get and how generous they are feeling. It might be worth tweeting the club and seeing if they can get you an autograph or two.

All the pubs round there will be rammed. I like the Thomas Frost, The Brick or The Leigh Arms but you'll find a decent pub anyhow.

Also, if you get a chance then do the stadium tour. They don't do them on matchdays but it's £10 and it's really good, the guide knows everything too.

lower Gladwys is boss, but the paddock can be great too (the near pitch side on Bullens Rd), players can really hear you when you let rip sitting there !

as the others have said for meeting players it can be luck of the draw but I'd also recommend having a nosey in the club shop on a matchday morning, there's normally one or two pop in there

last time we sat in LB5, next to the Gladwys so you here the full roar, couldn't hear the away fans (bonus for me), generally cordial bunch who gave the lineman dog's abuse (Chelsea game), thought the khazi was okay so long as you don't need a dump. Me and my missus generally have a nice meal before the game (Albert Dock / burger @ Byrons / Italian in Birkdale) .. she's not a drinker so the idea of sculling a gut full before the match is not going to happen .. plus once the seal's broken I'd be nipping off every 15 minutes. If we're in town beforehand we get a taxi in (8 quid) otherwise Merseyrail and the Soccerbus.

We've had a great time, each time, no nasty elements at all .. shared a taxi with a couple of old boys from Israel on the way to the Arsenal game.

I recommend the ground tour, fridays 11.00am book online 10 pound per person.
Tickets; we booked a hotel ticket package with Thomas Cook even though we were staying with Inlaws, just for the lack of ticket hassle, spent Sat night in the city centre Hotel Indigo was central for everything. tickets were mainstand towards Gwladys St, right behind Barkley's goal Vs City
Travel to the game on the train bus thing, couple of quid each
Pick your tickets up on match day with the emailed print out.
With this Euro thing the game might be on Sunday
Get their early to enjoy the atmosphere ( beer )

My first ever game was vs rs and I sat in lower gladwys and the atmosphere was insane. I would recommend sitting there in a heartbeat
Tbh though it doesn't matter where you sit as you'll never find a better atmosphere than Goodison anyway

Hi, My Fiancée and I are coming over to Europe and the UK from Australia in February 2015 for our honeymoon and are planning to be at the Leicester City game at Goodison. I still can't believe we are going to be watching the blues play at Goodison.
My questions are what seats should I buy for our first time, with unobstructed views and a great atmosphere (it will be a long time until this happens again for us so want to experience everything)?
Also is there a chance of meeting the players or getting their signatures when they arrive or leave? If so how long before or after the game and where at?
Also what pub do people usually go to before or after the game to celebrate the win?
I know the game isn't for a while but I am trying to plan things so we can experience everything make the day as good as possible.
Thanks

I'll try a serious answer now...

You need to decide at the outset do you want the earthy matchday experience and crowd banter or do you want something a bit nicer with the food and drinks etc. Your problem is that for a game against Leicester the crowd will probably be in its surly brooding mode so will generally be quite quiet - unless we're 3 or 4 up.

It has to be Upper Gladwys for me as I said before for general atmosphere but do consider the fact that there's a lot of season ticket sales this year so the remainders for match to match purchase are not generally great seats so you'd likely find yourself at the back or in the corners.

The better option I feel for you is to book hospitality seats at either The Captain's Table or The Peoples Club. This also helps answer the question of where/what to do before the game. Both are under a £100 each but the seats are in the Park End so the atmosphere's almost as good as the Gladwys but you've got a bit of banter with the away fans as well. The deal would come with food etc and the whole experience is pretty good:

http://www.evertonfc.com/exec?l=the-captains-table

http://www.evertonfc.com/exec?l=the-peoples-club

The other lounges offer better food and a more exclusive setting. For business I've used the 1878 a few times but the seats are in the Main Stand and the atmosphere is terrible for anything but a big game.

Either way good luck.

I'll try a serious answer now...

You need to decide at the outset do you want the earthy matchday experience and crowd banter or do you want something a bit nicer with the food and drinks etc. Your problem is that for a game against Leicester the crowd will probably be in its surly brooding mode so will generally be quite quiet - unless we're 3 or 4 up.

It has to be Upper Gladwys for me as I said before for general atmosphere but do consider the fact that there's a lot of season ticket sales this year so the remainders for match to match purchase are not generally great seats so you'd likely find yourself at the back or in the corners.

The better option I feel for you is to book hospitality seats at either The Captain's Table or The Peoples Club. This also helps answer the question of where/what to do before the game. Both are under a £100 each but the seats are in the Park End so the atmosphere's almost as good as the Gladwys but you've got a bit of banter with the away fans as well. The deal would come with food etc and the whole experience is pretty good:

http://www.evertonfc.com/exec?l=the-captains-table

http://www.evertonfc.com/exec?l=the-peoples-club

The other lounges offer better food and a more exclusive setting. For business I've used the 1878 a few times but the seats are in the Main Stand and the atmosphere is terrible for anything but a big game.

Either way good luck.

Don't make me laugh. The park end is abysmal for atmosphere compared to Lower Gwladys, full of old men short of breath. *Takes cover*
In all seriousness though Dells spot on, Park End is OK but if you want to go full whack then Lower Gwladys is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.