2017/18 Ademola Lookman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited me more in 45 minutes than DCL has excited me in the last 12 months.

Get him in the team more often - he's the only one I think we have (Bolasie maybe) who gets the crowd excited and the opposition worried.

Really good first half, stuck to the bi-line to receive the cross-field pass from Morgan (mostly) countless times.

Second half they were tighter to him and he faded, felt he may have linked-up a lot more effectively with Coleman buzzing around him with more attacking minded support, but that's not a dig at Martina, as he's a defender first and foremost.

Just good to see someone looking to beat their man.

Genuinely cannot understand how DCL is shunted into the side ahead of Lookman. DCL should be out on loan, he's nowhere near good enough for our first team, really miles off the standard required yet is starting games and even starting them out of position. Sheer madness. Lookman is dangerous on the ball as he hustles and panics defenders. Even if one of every five attempts come off it still leads to us having a chance on goal and could buy free kicks (Sigurdsson) or penalties (Baines). He should be playing more and hopefully will be.

I don't think he will play him against City, he is exciting but does also lose the ball a fair bit, which is part of his learning process, but will Koeman risk it against City. I can see him playing an extra midfielder like Davies instead.

City will remember him from Goodison ;)

he'll be straight back on the bench on Monday, not getting a minute which is unfortunate because he was one of the best players on the pitch yesterday especially in the first half

Looses the ball far to much to play regularly for our first team. Exiting at times, but far too rough still. Shouldnt start games(for us).

Hadjuk doubled up on him in the second half, creating space in the middle, that we were too slow to exploit. By slow I mean in thought - pass should have been first time into the space, but Rooney and DCL kept getting caught offside as the through ball was too late (meaning it made their runs look too early). Often 2 touches, were a simple one touch forward pass would have unlocked them.

I love seeing our players nutmeg opposition and he must have done it three or four times in the first half. I'm pretty certain his slower second half was more down to Hadjuk changing tactics than him tiring.

Loses the ball with sloppy passes far too much. Against better teams this is no good.

Has some nice moments though, he probably should have been subbed off instead of Klaassen to keep some sort of real formation within the team. At the same time mind, Lookman kind of deserved finally having 90 mins on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.