2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

shrek-donkey-big-smile-happy-face-jgmotqy06kaip5h1.gif

….everything about him is about what he does without the football. His workrate and powers of recovery are top drawer, he gets behind the ball when the opposition have it, it’s like having an extra player at times. He’s very poor when in possession himself and moves invariably break down when he gives it away but he never hides and it matters to him.

Thats how he is, we know him by now.

It’s like having an extra player? Attacking wise it’s like we are playing against 12 as he constantly gifts possession to the opposition

Technical inconsistencies will always be there, but has gotten through an insane amount of work these last 8 days. Those who understand footy beyond pretty footwork will appreciate his value.

Mate .. he’s gash … those who don’t understand that he has a shockingly low technical ability to actually kick a ball correctly or pick the right option to pass at the correct time, have no idea about footy

Sell to Saudi
As big a player as he's been for us and as much as I like the guy myself, we do need to move on from relying on him being in the team. If we could get any dough for him I'd certainly listen to offers. If not, I guess there's no harm in letting his deal expire as we'll have a dependable player who the manager trusts.

As big a player as he's been for us and as much as I like the guy myself, we do need to move on from relying on him being in the team. If we could get any dough for him I'd certainly listen to offers. If not, I guess there's no harm in letting his deal expire as we'll have a dependable player who the manager trusts.
It's probably more the wages. His value is essentially zero now, yet he's on over £120k a week if you believe reports.

Everton cannot afford £6m a year players that contribute so little to the team (excluding form for first half of season, he's dropped off massively and is on a downwards trajectory now).

We'll save almost £20m by losing him, Gomes and Alli - probably about a quarter of our entire squad wage bill.