2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

We all know the strengths and limitations of all our players.

We know that we would love to be able to sign a dozen new players but we can't.

We may not be able to sign any.

We simply have keep the najority of our paper thin squad together and hope that we don't lose Branthwaite while at the same time somehow managing to strengthen the squad without actually spending any money.
I think you know you have just basically stated the impossible.

IF we keep Branners I will be utterly stunned.

Personally, I can see Onana and Branners both leaving to sadly fund the partial rebuild we need and also to satisfy a few pressing debts.

I see no other way, sadly.

It might be a blessing, how awful he’s been since he came back from injury, hopefully it convinces Dyche he is nowhere near good enough to be playing behind the striker next season.
He will be a starter behind the striker next season, like McNeil and Harrison if he stays or god forbid bought, will be on the wings. Dyche next season will only be interested in getting 40 pints and staying up

Ancelotti didn’t want him and didn’t trust him with the ball, so he spent the majority of his time being James legs

His inconsistency and inability to play football has been evident since the day he signed for Watford. But because he covers some ground and scores the odd goal he’s been ok?

By the time he leaves he would have cost this club the best part of £55m. That is not good value
I find it a similar argument to the dyche appointment. Some of us knew doucoure was a terrible footballer, technically one of the worst midfielders I’ve seen in 40yrs, he’s probably had one good season in the 4 he’s been here. When he scored a few goals for dyche he was a brilliant player, he was also our most important player, great signing, bargin, he kept us up. Need to give him a new deal. That’s what I kept reading, ultimately he’s a bang average player, who’s spent the majority of his prem career fighting relegation

And it’s the same with Dyche some of us knew what we were getting and that it will never change, he plays one way, his whole MO Is to keep games tight, whether it’s against city or Burnley, law of averages the coin will fall on our side enough times to keep us in the league, but a long term plan to build a team and improve, forget it that ain’t happening, but again I’ve read he’s the best we can get, best man for the job, he’s a great manager, give him a new deal, give him time to see if he can change the style 🤣

His last injury has just killed his form.

I think we need to review his position and look towards the future rather than the past

No nate he’s always been crap… like his whole career… it’s just that he scored that goal against Bournemouth and then had a run of scoring 10 goals In 26 games or something.

That was a blip in an other wise crap 10 year career .

No nate he’s always been crap… like his whole career… it’s just that he scored that goal against Bournemouth and then had a run of scoring 10 goals In 26 games or something.

That was a blip in an other wise crap 10 year career .

He was a good player at Watford for years. Didn't live up to expectations for most of his time at this club for the fee + wages but he's still provided far more value than Klassen, Schnderlein, Dele etc.

Saudi...surely £10mil isnt too much for them.

….i’m as critical as anybody in respect of his lack of quality in possession but I think they said we’ve got 19 points from the games he’s scored in. That’s very impressive if true and you can’t argue about his effectiveness to this team over the season. He’ll be going nowhere.

Take a bow.