A good manager learns from his mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawders

Player Valuation: £35m
I was thinking about Bobby's tactics, particularly his subs.

Generally, they are like-for-like (ie. winger for winger) or more attacking.

However, in the Derby we went 3-2 up and he brought on Stones, an extra defender/. We immediately lost our shape, ultimately drew and could have lost if Moses had scored that header. Bobby hasn't repeated that type of sub again.

That shows me that he is willing to learn from mistakes and stick with his attacking instincts. Another reason why I love having him as our manager

Just look at how Lukaku was played on Sunday, tells you everything about how he see's other teams weaknesses. Definitely learned from his mistake in the cup. Naismith is also coming in to some brilliant form, best of his Everton career.

I'd refer to the same game. We're losing 2-1 Banies gets injured he puts Barry left back and brings on Gerard. In an instant we are 3-2 up. Roberto hasn't made many mistakes this season (transfer window apart) but to pick one substitution is very harsh. I could pick countless other games were his substitutions have made a real difference. This hasn't just be noticed by the fans, but also the media as well.

I'd refer to the same game. We're losing 2-1 Banies gets injured he puts Barry left back and brings on Gerard. In an instant we are 3-2 up. Roberto hasn't made many mistakes this season (transfer window apart) but to pick one substitution is very harsh. I could pick countless other games were his substitutions have made a real difference. This hasn't just be noticed by the fans, but also the media as well.

This! Good shout. BBC had a piece on how Bobby is the one who has put on the most goalscoring subs in the league. That spirit we got scoring the most goals in the last 15 of games is also huge testament to Bobbys bossness.

No more grudge subs and no more round pegs square holes bullcrap. Playing Rodwell on the right wing, what a masterstroke.

This! Good shout. BBC had a piece on how Bobby is the one who has put on the most goalscoring subs in the league. That spirit we got scoring the most goals in the last 15 of games is also huge testament to Bobbys bossness.

No more grudge subs and no more round pegs square holes bullcrap. Playing Rodwell on the right wing, what a masterstroke.

and Vic on the left wing with Pienaar tucked inside. :oops:

That's because we have Naismith and other clubs don't.

Besides the FA cup quarterfinal Bob hasn't really done anything wrong. However he really corrected that mistake didn't he? No one in their right mind would think to start Lukaku at RW.

That's because we have Naismith and other clubs don't.

Besides the FA cup quarterfinal Bob hasn't really done anything wrong. However he really corrected that mistake didn't he? No one in their right mind would think to start Lukaku at RW.
True...Arsenal didn't see that one coming. We are managed by a mad little Spaniard and we love it.

However, in the Derby we went 3-2 up and he brought on Stones, an extra defender/. We immediately lost our shape, ultimately drew and could have lost if Moses had scored that header. Bobby hasn't repeated that type of sub again.

That shows me that he is willing to learn from mistakes and stick with his attacking instincts. Another reason why I love having him as our manager

That was early on in the season, so in the cause of giving OFM,TGT more stick...

lets call it 11 weeks.

OFM,TGT, never learned that in 11 YEARS.

(feel a bit better now)

That's because a sub should always be a positive.
Think of it this way. If your losing 1-0 or drawing 1-1 and the opposite manager takes off a striker and puts on a defender what are you going to think? We can draw this or win it. If he puts on a like for like you get worried about fresh legs pushing forward.

How many points in 11 years did Moyes cost us by putting on a defend an taking a striker off. An the other team scored an equalizer or a winner.

All i wanted for roberto this season was him to make mistakes, learn from them and become a better manager for it.

5th with 6 to play is just the icing on the top.

I htink that will to win that we have now is the difference. We can moan all we want about moyes but the fact of the matter is this, Moyes has taken the champions and genuinely repeated his last 3-4 seasons in charge of ourselves. This tells you everything you need to know about the capabilities of Moyes. We underachieved for years considering what we have achieved in 8 months with a man who got his last club relegated.

god forbid we had Guidiola in charge, we'd have won the league by now haha

Status
Not open for further replies.