Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Refused to meet 777 last September.

Not my place. I also believed it would be lip service. A PR exercise to try and quell discontent...

Afterwards - there was podcasts, tweets etc - a lot now deleted, that encouraged patience, calm. "Give them a chance" seemed the narrative. It almost felt briefed - 'dont rock the boat'. 'Give them time'. Claiming there was no alternative.

For all the stick he takes - fair play to Esk for not being cowed. He was the only one who met them, owned it and had the integrity to say "no, these are no good".

Oh, and questions need to be asked of the FA and FCA. I won't claim to know their exact remit - but both give approval to 777 to become directors of Everton.Spot on 👌

Not my place. I also believed it would be lip service. A PR exercise to try and quell discontent...

Afterwards - there was podcasts, tweets etc - a lot now deleted, that encouraged patience, calm. "Give them a chance" seemed the narrative. It almost felt briefed - 'dont rock the boat'. 'Give them time'. Claiming there was no alternative.

For all the stick he takes - fair play to Esk for not being cowed. He was the only one who met them, owned it and had the integrity to say "no, these are no good".

Oh, and questions need to be asked of the FA and FCA. I won't claim to know their exact remit - but both give approval to 777 to become directors of Everton.
Spot on 👌

Oh, and questions need to be asked of the FA and FCA. I won't claim to know their exact remit - but both give approval to 777 to become directors of Everton.

It's why the constant drum of the whole institution being corrupt or full of self interest is loud.

It needs an independent regulator.

Mosh will now have to open the door to other interested parties though, which will be a painful failure on his behalf and hopefully a benefit to us.

He's probably on the phone to those Minnesota cowboys now though..
The Gerhardts? 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_4101.jpeg
    IMG_4101.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 2
….i wonder the extent of Thelwell’s involvement in this.

It could be anything from cosying-up, being the single point of contact and centrally involved in bringing them in, to simply being the bloke who sorted their seats when they visited. I have no idea;

IMG_9076.jpeg

IMG_9080.jpeg

IMG_9078.jpeg

….i wonder the extent of Thelwell’s involvement in this.

It could be anything from cosying-up, being the single point of contact and centrally involved in bringing them in, to simply being the bloke who sorted their seats when they visited. I have no idea;

View attachment 257374

View attachment 257375

View attachment 257376

All the evidence points to Kev being the ticket tout and the half time tea lady.

Don't think he's capable of anything more complex than that tbh

Sorry but I just can't hand out any special acknowledgement to the Esk for repeatedly stating the obvious.

I don't know the bloke, I don't follow him and have never listened to one of his podcasts. For all I know he's probably a sound bloke that I'd get on with but I just can't praise him for this, the state of 777 has been out there since we were first linked..

I know what you mean mate. I don't believe in any poll we had on here or social ever had 10% wanting them.

Evidently, bad charlatans;

As you and Esk have said, it was obvious - I was surprised at how quiet the discontent was. Maybe it was the distraction of the relegation scrap? Maybe it was fatigue? Maybe some thought we had no choice. Battered fan syndrome...

Hopeful that a new owner can pay back the capital and not the interest. This would make a big difference. If we can get an owner with decent financial credentials they could pay off R&M and the 777 loans and consolidate at 5% or so, meaning interest payments of £20 million a year rather than between £50 and £80 million. Once established in the new stadium we could start repaying capital whereas at the moment there's no prospect of the size of the loan decreasing.