777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, forgive the ignorance here, under what circumstances would the directors put a company into administration?
It provides a moratorium on creditors making the company insolvent so it effectively gives a company a chance to trade through a difficult period without existing creditors sending it under in the hope that creditors get a better return at the end of the administration or the company returns to financial health. There are statutory purposes that must be achievable and the IP (insolvency practitioner) won't accept the appointment unless they are achievable and they will be kept under constant review. The directors can't just do it for a jolly.

Even Esk admits there is enough cash in the business for the short term. He seems to posit going into administration DESPITE being able to pay the bills, which is an unusual move.

The reason I think administration remains unlikely is that, if it had to, the business COULD break even for the year up to the opening of the stadium.

It would be unpleasant and would involve a massive sale of players- for example you could raise c150m from selling Branthwaite, Onana, Pickford, DCL. That’s 55m for completing the stadium and 95m to fund the club. Other players could attract fees if necessary.

In addition to that you have Gana, Gomes and Dele all out of contract, and in addition to those 4 sales you’re likely looking at 30m plus in wage savings, maybe less once replaced on frees and loans but still a big saving.

So even if we’re now looking at an operating loss of 90m that could be both reduced by cutting high earners and covered by the fees received.

It’s not IMPOSSIBLE for the club to tread water and break even, it would just be unpleasant. And since it’s what an administrator would do anyway we’d be better just doing it ourselves.
You're ignoring the possibility of a prepack administration.

I see this posted regularly, that selling our players is a fix to cash flow. And to some degree it is. But if we sell those player for 150m, we don't get that amount up front but rather a payout over time.

So it helps FFP on an immediate basis, but cash flow drips in.

I see this posted regularly, that selling our players is a fix to cash flow. And to some degree it is. But if we sell those player for 150m, we don't get that amount up front but rather a payout over time.

There are solutions to this. Many clubs borrow against the guaranteed future income, very common. Or accept less for more up front, which we could be forced to.

Not necessarily. If we demand cash up front we can get it certainly for Branthwaite who has many admirers.

I've read that last tweet 5 times and can't understand what he's saying.

Moshiri prepared to take the club into administration, administration not even being considered.
The first Tweet is about what "analysts" would think is a good approach, the second is saying that Moshiri has no intention of doing that.

In typical Everton fashion is the worst time of the year to have this level of lack of clarity and narrative around threat.

We are going to have an up hill task trying to attract players with a limited budget after three years of relegation battles, history of points deductions and the narrative around the take over, financial problems and administration in the general media will undermine again. Players will be thinking i dont want to part of another Portsmouth and the difficulty the players had there.

What agent whose looking for a nice secure contract for their player going to recommend a move to Everton.

How do we pull a defeat out of the jaws of victory every time.

We need some clarity even if its just outward facing to the world and we need it yesterday, because its underming the profile and attractiveness of the club.