777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fed up of thinking ‘surely this is the end of the takeover,’ after every disastrous 777 headline.

These stories do seem to be accelerating in frequency and getting louder in terms of publicity - so I’m increasingly confident this deal eventually collapses - but who knows how much longer it has to interminably drag out before it does.

The question is how much longer does that imbecile Moshiri want to continue to play his stupid game of chicken with the Premier League before he realises he’s lost.

No problem. I don’t manage their assets. Just that I worked with them or that they were my clients in my job. It may be odd to say given how much assets they are managing, but after dealing and working with them for so many years, they become personal friends are just but a one call or email away.

To be frank the institutions can move less nimbly than the family groups do. I would say if the equity amount that needs to be raised to discuss this transaction is in the ballpark of $500mm, it is something very possible indeed.

Of course do the proper KYC. But these folks have assets all across the UK

Deloitte wouldn’t call me because this is a consortium that I am thinking of putting together consisting of various groups that aren’t existing as an a combined entity on paper yet. What they will do is call the sovereign funds like a checklist (QIA, Temasek, Japan Life..)

Am saying not for BS, sure I can try to find my way around Deloitte for a chat. The point is, there are seriously a lot of good folks that can look into this deal for real. Much more than a debt laden fund manager like 777 in all sorts of trouble.

Never let our club go like that. It’s another downward spiral for the next 5 years. I already had enough the last few seasons.
Hi lljh23,

Deloitte here, thanks for reaching out. Interested in your proposal re Everton, first step we’ll need is to lodge 100m GBP with us establish you in good faith to the seller, let me know when you’re ready to proceed and I’ll forward you the account details. Then we’ll take it from there.

Best,
Tony Deloitte

Discussing this on TalkSport now. Going over the Bloomberg report etc. Basically saying there's not a hope in hell that 777 will be buying us out, or allowed to buy us out.
I hope this Fraud charge can be brought quickly, that will be enough as disqualification event for the PL to reject them. Until they are charged it is just allegations.

Can’t believe that in a world of corporate investment Moshiri can’t find a suitable buyer outside of 777 for a PL club with a new state of the art stadium in a vibrant regeneration area in one of the best U.K. cities.

Makes me wonder if FFP has actually dampened the enthusiasm for potential PL buyers as they know they aren’t going to be allowed to do as they wish in buying success.

The PL won't want the heat of accepting this lot now, especially while they themselves are trying to show they're fit to run the league.
The trouble is unless there is anything to disqualify them they can not reject them, which is what has led us to this exact point.

The PL have been stalling 777 with proof of purchase, if the PL could reject them they would have by now but by their rules they can`t.

Can’t believe that in a world of corporate investment Moshiri can’t find a suitable buyer outside of 777 for a PL club with a new state of the art stadium in a vibrant regeneration area in one of the best U.K. cities.

Makes me wonder if FFP has actually dampened the enthusiasm for potential PL buyers as they know they aren’t going to be allowed to do as they wish in buying success.
It’s quite possible. Let’s be honest, a lot of the motivation behind state ownership of football clubs abroad is to “sportswash” their respective country’s reputation. PSR simply doesn’t allow for an absolute blitz on the transfer market to buy success.

That leaves prospective owners looking to make money out of the club which narrows down the field and makes buyers a bit more cautious id imagine.

I think you’re probably right about this being a factor. The heavy touch (and inconsistency) taken by the PL with the points deductions for clubs guilty of over-ambition will not be a selling point for investment in the league- we want your money, but not so much of it it actually makes you competitive. You look at the frustrations the Saudis are having to even spend their own money at Newcastle and wonder if they’d do it all again up against a closed establishment.

Yeah but I think we’ve established some doubt with Moshiri as to 1) his competency as an account even if he did work for Deloittes and we’ve definitely established that 2) he’s either a fake billionaire or an actual one but just incredibly luck to be one in the coat tails of nefarious dealing that Usamanob undertook. He is not a self made millionaire - the guy seemingly has no clue what he is doing. He is to Usmanob what Jonathan Wilkes was to Robbie Williams