Graeme Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turned down the Swansea job twice before, in 2009 when Martinez left (decided to follow Martinez to Wigan instead), and then again in 2012 when Rodgers left (decided to stay at Wigan with Martinez).

The papers just can't help themselves - link all of our players with moves away, none of it comes to pass. Now starting on our coaching staff.

Why they persist on writing story after story on us, attempting to destabilise us, is beyond me.

Last edited:
Nothing in the article really, but touting him to replace Laudrup, I wonder how influential he is to Martinez?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-manager-michael-laudrup-replaced-3103875#.Uu2JkbSYLSg

would be a big loss for us if true. can't see swansea sacking laudrup, no matter how poor their season has been and can't see a really top team coming in for him based on this season. pretty sure they could do better than an assistant manager, but have a feeling jones would make a good boss tbh.

would be a big loss for us if true. can't see swansea sacking laudrup, no matter how poor their season has been and can't see a really top team coming in for him based on this season. pretty sure they could do better than an assistant manager, but have a feeling jones would make a good boss tbh.

I think the speculation has been that Laudrup will walk in the summer, not that they'd ever sack him.

He'll stay here.

I think he will too. Even if he has managerial aspirations, the fact that he has stayed loyal to Martinez twice before, followed him to both Wigan and Everton, and is obviously now at a massive club - learning all the time from Martinez and being around better players - leads me to think it would be too soon for him to leave.

That's if the story is even true, or just some journo making stuff up because Laudrup might be on his way.

What I do know is that him and Bobby are very good mates off the field, not just that but Jones is the bad cop in the changies. He's the one who lays into the players. But I suspect he believes a great deal in Martinez and given his and Bobby's rise in the game I can see him sticking around a while before thinks about going into management. I certainly hope he does.

aye, never heard of him but clearly i see his Robertos side man now...my bad :p

but what purpose do these guys actually do....at the moment i am more worried on when all the injured guys are back at the club as if we have any aspirations for a top 4 we need them back asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.