4pm announcement Barkley Signs new 4 year deal [Dont post GIFS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it can happen too any player at any club, at any time. That's the whole point. The lad loves the club and wants to cement a Legacy here, I don't trust the current board not to cash in if they get the opportunity.

The whole press conference yesterday was just smoke and mirrors to hide the fact they aren't making any signings yet to improve the squad. The Clubs around us are blowing us out of the water to progress and we are struggling to even have the same squad as last year.

I think it's right that questions are asked, we know fact there is more money coming in this year and we are still treading water.

Treading water?

How so?

We have taken a Great Leap Forward in the last year.

We are tying up our best players on long term contracts and are negotiating £24 million deals in order to sign a striker.

There is now a realistic chance that we will be able to build a new stadium just a few bus stops from Goodison.

We are in The Europa League at precisely the right time because to win it means CL entry.

We have a bright young manager who is the envy of the EPL.

I haven't felt this good about our club in years.

It must take some effort to find yet more negativity in the face of such an upswing in our prospects.

There are very few teams who are in a position to not sell any players no matter what the bid is. To suggest that Ross might be sold if a bid if a huge bid came in is something only Everton do is just plain untrue.

I think you mistake negativity for realism.

There has been no mention of a new stadium, did you make that up.

I'm jumping the gun because the transfer window is still open. At this moment in time we are weaker than last year. Signing Ross to a better contract is fantastic but unless the squad is added too then we will struggle to finish 5th again never mind progress.

But hey must be great being as positive as you mate. All we have done is tie down our better players too longer contracts, that's brilliant but not enough.

Let's have it right: if a bid came in for Barkley tomorrow this lot would look at it and accept it; Kenwright would drive Barkley to the buying club; and that press conference yesterday would be airbrushed from history in Orwellian fashion.

We'd be getting knocks on the door from Kenwright's Gestapo, neighbours disappearing because they're asking too many questions about the "Ross Prezzer".

People are allowed to be disappointed. I was. I half expected a NEW signing. Nothing wrong with that. Every Evertonian I've spoke to was a bit, meh!
Can't understand why people are moaning at the people who were disappointed.

Maybe my expectations are too high.

Of course he has a choice.

If he has a contract for four years then the club couldn't sell him without his consent.

Of course we all realise that if a bid comes in which the club finds impossible to refuse and the personal terms suit Ross then he will indeed be off.

But you know what?

That is the same for any player at any club you care to name.

If PSG were to offer £200 million to Barcelona and half a million quid per week to Messi then I bet he would be moving to Paris.

Just sit back and enjoy the moment.

The lad is our player and if he should go in the next couple years the, the fee will be astronomical.

We are in a better place right now than we have been in yonkos.

Just enjoy the ride.

I see what you mean mate but the club managed to sell Duncan Ferguson and he didn't really want to go.

I see what you mean mate but the club managed to sell Duncan Ferguson and he didn't really want to go.

He could have refused to go as he was under contract.

There must have been sommat going on behind the scenes there that we don't know about.

As you say, Duncan didn't want to go and for sure he couldn't have been made to go.

Maybe the club needed the dough to meet a bank deadline or something?

There has been no mention of a new stadium, did you make that up.

Well, I didn't "make that up" but happen I imagined lots of posts on here about Walton Hall Park.

And maybe I was even hallucinating when I saw the feature on the local news bulletin.

Or perhaps this is a bogus BBC website :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-27217078

It may come to nowt....but one thing is for sure....there has been plenty "mention of a new stadium", especially here on GOT.

:dance:

shocked at some of the negativity on this thread.
barkley signing is a great great great thing.
if we sold him - we would be livid .
if we bought him - we would be over the moon
if man ciry had him - they would be cart wheeling
we have a great talent , he could have been sold yesterday , he chose to stay and we chose to keep him.

to bang on about what could be in the future or what the board will do if an offer came in is nothing but negative conjecture doom mongering and nothing short of hoping for the worst.

I walked the dog an hour ago and was listening to talksport. yesterday I had to listen to them saying how lukaku was too big a player for everton and how we couldn't afford him. today I had to listen to them say how its a nothing contract for barkley and that he will be off to city asap either way.
its disgusting snide media that pander to the big spending fake arse clubs . it got me angry but i can live with there bs , but to come on here and read actual so called everton fans doom mongering over what was a great contract signing is heart breaking.

roll with the punches. if we are doing positive things then be and feel positive.

Have to agree with uknight. By penning a new contract with us Barkley has shown fans, reporters and his teammates alike that he really believe Everton are going places. He is also showing other top players that he think Everton will be fighting for CL & EL spots again next season. That can only help us in the transfermarket. If our top players want to stay and turn down interest from ManU, ManC, Chelsea and other top clubs it shows that they don't think it's a step up to go there and other top players might look in our direction with more interest.

True Blue I liked how he reminded all of us how we felt when Rooney left. Barkley will in time be a superstar of epic proportions. I think other will see this in the next couple of years and buy into Bobby's movement to the top.

shocked at some of the negativity on this thread.
barkley signing is a great great great thing.
if we sold him - we would be livid .
if we bought him - we would be over the moon
if man ciry had him - they would be cart wheeling
we have a great talent , he could have been sold yesterday , he chose to stay and we chose to keep him.

to bang on about what could be in the future or what the board will do if an offer came in is nothing but negative conjecture doom mongering and nothing short of hoping for the worst.

I walked the dog an hour ago and was listening to talksport. yesterday I had to listen to them saying how lukaku was too big a player for everton and how we couldn't afford him. today I had to listen to them say how its a nothing contract for barkley and that he will be off to city asap either way.
its disgusting snide media that pander to the big spending fake arse clubs . it got me angry but i can live with there bs , but to come on here and read actual so called everton fans doom mongering over what was a great contract signing is heart breaking.

roll with the punches. if we are doing positive things then be and feel positive.
For what it is worth there were lads who seemed not to enjoy the mid eighties because it was going to end eventually. Got no probs with keeping grounded and avoiding feeling that a marquee signing means job done. I have major reservations about this board but things are clearly going massively in the right direction at the moment so I plan to enjoy the ride.... Roberto had a dream and all that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.