Billy's future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_in_london

Player Valuation: £10m
Unless I've missed something, there's been no talk of Billy being sold this summer.
Now considering he 'was' worth a few bob, does that mean Moyes...

a) Has plans for him as a first team regular (but where?).
b) Has as much chance of selling him as he has selling ice-cream to an Eskimo skinny-dipping in the arctic.
c) Is in advanced discussions with Wigan about a straight swap for N'Zogbia.
d) Likes watching goal of the season on MOTD too much to sell him.

Just thought we'd be trying to off-load him to raise funds for a more consistent performer on our wing.

Thoughts?

cant see why we would keep him If we could get good money for him. Scores the odd cracker but offers very little else. Some russian crowd offered 45 million for neymar so no shortage of money. 6 or 7 million for him and buy nzogbia. Simple..?

He's been given enough chances now. I was willing him to step up when Pienaar left but he just didn't do it. We really should sell him this summer, even if we don't sign N'zogbia. I actually think Gueye looks a better prospect than Billy anyway.

Last chance to come good this season, really. I've not lost complete faith in him, but i'm obviously worried like the rest of us.

Given he won't even get a chance to be in the matchday squad for the opening day against spurs due to his red card, but i'd honestly be doubly disappointed if he wouldn't spend the time upwards towards the next game working his ass of to get in that team. It's not only our team this concerns, it's about this kid's future. Fail now, and he'll end up plying his trade in Belgium.

Last chance to come good this season, really. I've not lost complete faith in him, but i'm obviously worried like the rest of us.

Given he won't even get a chance to be in the matchday squad for the opening day against spurs due to his red card, but i'd honestly be doubly disappointed if he wouldn't spend the time upwards towards the next game working his ass of to get in that team. It's not only our team this concerns, it's about this kid's future. Fail now, and he'll end up plying his trade in Belgium.

I don't question his effort. The hard truth could be that he isn't good enough, I think the Prem could be too physical for him.

I don't know why we would keep him either.. and i would think that one of the Russian clubs would be interested in a full Russian international should he become available.
Moyes' has obviously lost faith in him, because there were a number of times last year where he was on the bench, even when Fellaini, Arteta and Cahill were out injured. He is always the first hauled off when he does start also. Scoring the odd cracking goal does not make a player, he is too lightweight, too dozy, and doesn't have enough fire in his belly. Yet, somehow for a player who doesn't make a tackle, he has been sent off twice!

Nobody will buy him for 'Good Money'. Just like the fans other teams and managers will see how poor or average he was. These teams and managers etc... will know Everton bought him for 10m and will probably want to recoup most of that which they will laugh at.

He was over valued to begin with and his stock will have fallen even more. I'd say we would be lucky to get even £6m for him.

I really hope though he improves and shows more. There were the odd occasion he looked good.

Blogged on his possible future today strangely enough. I still think he could have one if he is rotated with Cahill or played on the right and given the freedom to cut inside.

Have to accept anything over £5m for him although you'd think we could get more like £7m maybe more. Too good to turn down. Really hope he goes. He's never going to do it here in my opinion and that amount of money for us is just massive

Have to accept anything over £5m for him although you'd think we could get more like £7m maybe more. Too good to turn down. Really hope he goes. He's never going to do it here in my opinion and that amount of money for us is just massive

It's not though is it? Especially if you factor in Moyes likely won't see all of that. I don't see the point of selling Bily now at a loss to replace him with? Are we really going to ship out Bily, Yobo, Yak and Vaughan just to bring in one decent player? To me that sounds like madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.