Everton Youth Teams Thread

I guess I'm referring to being a squad regular, which theyre years away from in my opinion, just to clear it up. We all know a few cameos on the bench and a run out at the end of the season doesn't mean theyre ready, i know that's not what you meant either.

Some of these lads have only just stopped playing on Academy size pitches, the ground they have to cover in a game could be 10km. Its a lot to ask a 16/17 year old to cover that distance and play to within 80-100% of their ability at the end.

Now in off to Finch Farm to watch the 18s against Derby!

Bad day for the u18s, ended up losing 5-1 to a Derby team that wasn't particularly great but took the chances that came their way. Defence of Kenny, Birch, Graham and Thorniley just wasn't up to it really, mix ups all over the show, gifting possession for 3 of the goals.

Kenny had a good game, could tell he was at a further stage of his development than his fellow 2nd year scholars.

Bad day for the u18s, ended up losing 5-1 to a Derby team that wasn't particularly great but took the chances that came their way. Defence of Kenny, Birch, Graham and Thorniley just wasn't up to it really, mix ups all over the show, gifting possession for 3 of the goals.

Kenny had a good game, could tell he was at a further stage of his development than his fellow 2nd year scholars.

did he play right back? seems to moved all over the place.

..U21 beaten 2-0 by Chelsea at FF today. Good game to have gone and watched, especially with Kone and Oviedo involved. Sounds like Oviedo put in a tackle or two, very important for his confidence. Kone substituted, possibly be involved at some point on Thursday.

..U21 beaten 2-0 by Chelsea at FF today. Good game to have gone and watched, especially with Kone and Oviedo involved. Sounds like Oviedo put in a tackle or two, very important for his confidence. Kone substituted, possibly be involved at some point on Thursday.

Were you at the game eggs? If so how sharp/fit did Kone look mate?

Were you at the game eggs? If so how sharp/fit did Kone look mate?

...nope, just saying it would've been a good one to go to. Hopefully somebody on here went and can give some feedback. I live around the corner from Bellfield and spent many hours over many years watching the junior games, FF is in the middle of nowhere and isn't nearly as convenient for me.

...nope, just saying it would've been a good one to go to. Hopefully somebody on here went and can give some feedback. I live around the corner from Bellfield and spent many hours over many years watching the junior games, FF is in the middle of nowhere and isn't nearly as convenient for me.

No probs mate, wasn't sure if you meant you went or it was a good game to go to if you had the chance. Hopefully someone will mention something if they managed to watch it.

http://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/news/newsid=2149865.html

Seems a good move for our acedamy. Even if the senior team don't qualify for the CL, if the Everton U18's win the league title like they did last year then they will enter the UEFA youth league giving them far more experience at playing against high quality european teams of their age group.

New format
UEFA Champions League path
• 32 teams in eight groups of four (same as UEFA Champions League)
• Group winners progress to round of 16
• Runners-up play in the knockout play-offs

Domestic Champions path
• 32 domestic champions enter first qualifying round (two legs)
• 16 winners reach second qualifying round (two legs)
• 8 winners progress to knockout play-offs

Knockout phase
Play-off
• 8 winners from the Domestic Champions path play at home against the 8 runners-up from the UEFA Champions League path (single leg).

Round of 16
• The 8 group winners from the UEFA Champions League path play against the 8 winners of the play-offs (single leg). The home team is determined by the draw.

Quarter-finals
• Single-leg ties with the home team determined by draw.

Semi-finals and final• Played as one-off matches in a single venue.

Age limits
In addition, the UEFA Executive Committee decided on new age limits for the competition. The Under-19 category is retained, but clubs will be able to include a maximum of three U20 players in their overall list of 40 players for the competition, in order to alleviate the burden on players having school duties.

u21s currently beating southampton 3-1 away. goals from grant and long x2

....final score. Soton normally have a good bunch of youngsters. Just read the match report, seemed convincing. Most interesting was David Henen coming off the bench to make his debut and set up the final goal. Hopefully the highlights will be on OS later.