10 points off 4th, game in hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, that's exactly how I feel? But some people are putting us down before it even happen, may be it's way to protect them from disappointment, if you expect then they can't do it and if that is the case, then you could say "Ah, just as I predicted."

Also if we actually done better than he/she expected, then they would be over the mood, I could understand why people do that, but it's best to keep these opinion to themselve.

Players, official and manager has to believe they could make something of it, but it's more important for fans to believe in them and give them moral support as well.

I know the prospect of playing RS, Chelsea, Man Utd & Spurs are not good, but which team would actually fancy playing these team in this order, no one would! But, who's to say we cannot make something out of it, so don't be so negative until after we gone through these games.

More or less agree with your post, but I'm also convinced those four clubs you mentioned, won't fancy playing us either. They know they're facing a team that's difficult to beat, high on confidence and out to prove a point, after our dismal start to the season. No doubt they have seen us play Arsenal and City and know what the Mighty Blues are capable of. Not saying we'll get maximum points out of these four matches but highly confident over upsetting a few odds.;)

I cant wait for this weekend, this is a huge game. I for one am still confident we'll be amongst the likes of the [Poor language removed], villa, spurs and city come May. But we have to do these this week and I'm pretty sure we will...

We are undefeated since we were unjustly beaten by these and our run WILL continue, we ARE better than that shower of sheize.

I'm disappointed no one is geared up for this like the cup game last season (I bumped the FURIOUS POSTS thread I'm that up for it). Big Big game this...we'll then be on their heels still with a game in hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
More or less agree with your post, but I'm also convinced those four clubs you mentioned, won't fancy playing us either. They know they're facing a team that's difficult to beat, high on confidence and out to prove a point, after our dismal start to the season. No doubt they have seen us play Arsenal and City and know what the Mighty Blues are capable of. Not saying we'll get maximum points out of these four matches but highly confident over upsetting a few odds.;)

Of course I feel the same, if you had read some of my more optimistic post, I just made the above statement in a more conservative way just to please those Evertonian who are more negative than others.

I know it's not going to happen with us getting maximum points from these four team, but you never know what to expect from this current side, we like to spring surprise and if it did happen comes the end of February, we must be playing like we had never done before under Moyes, it would most definitely be something special.

Lets weigh things up now.

We're out of the FA Cup and League Cup
We're still in the EUROPA League
We're starting to get some much needed players back
Fellaini is looking boss
Cahill will have a long rest soon
I honestly believe we've got alot more about us than Manchester City and Tottenham (Not so much on paper but in the team)
We might get 10 points out of the next 18 or so.
The finances are looking nice (for a change)

So will all that added together it amounts to a total of..

ITS ON!

Of course I feel the same, if you had read some of my more optimistic post, I just made the above statement in a more conservative way just to please those Evertonian who are more negative than others.

I know it's not going to happen with us getting maximum points from these four team, but you never know what to expect from this current side, we like to spring surprise and if it did happen comes the end of February, we must be playing like we had never done before under Moyes, it would most definitely be something special.

Sorry Devils2001, my post may have come across the wrong way. I meant I agree with what you posted. Even pos repped you for it.;)

look obviously we're going to need to pull of something extraordinary to pull off a 4th place finish, its a mountain to climb but that does not place it outside the realm of possibility

if we upset the odds against the big teams we're playing coming up, we have an outside shot at 4th, if we manage a couple results we have a good chance of getting into a european place, if we don't we're ****ed, end of.

i'm not sure what i think is gonna happen yet, this weekend i think we'll all have a better idea of the direction of our team

look obviously we're going to need to pull of something extraordinary to pull off a 4th place finish, its a mountain to climb but that does not place it outside the realm of possibility

if we upset the odds against the big teams we're playing coming up, we have an outside shot at 4th, if we manage a couple results we have a good chance of getting into a european place, if we don't we're ****ed, end of.

i'm not sure what i think is gonna happen yet, this weekend i think we'll all have a better idea of the direction of our team

agreed. The next month will go a long way in determining whether a push for the top 4 is viable or not.

From now till the end, what does each of the club's between us and that magical spot schedule look like in comparison to Evertons?

I think realistically we will probably end up finishing 8th, which i wouldnt be too upset about considering our start...

but hopefully if one of Tottenham, Liverpool, Man City or Aston Villa start a run of poor form then we might be able to pinch 7th as we are 8pts behind Villa also we have a game in hand over Liverpool and Spurs...

but any higher than 7th i would say is pushing it.

I think February is (obviously) going to be very difficult so it's important we don't slip too much. Birmingham are two points ahead of us right now and look at their fixtures for Feb compared to ours...

Wolves H
West Ham A
Fulham A
Wigan H

We need to make sure they don't get away from us. That's the immediate task.

If Man Utd wins the Carling Cup and a team in the top 4 or 6 wins the FA Cup, would that open up another place for Europe ??

Status
Not open for further replies.