£40m Saved! Wow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean you can laugh about the clickbait and say you’re only interested in football etc but this is the reason we can’t buy all these players everyone is after. It’s seriously holding us back
Me. Sorting that issue out is one of the first steps on the road to a better team.

Baffles me the fans who say they don't care how much X player cost or is paid, as if they don't get that we don't have infinite resources and that that money stops us bringing in someone better. And people going "oh, this isn't Football Manager". The article literally says exactly that! I mean, it's not really saying anything we don't all know/have said ourselves, but at least criticise something about it that's worth it.

Recently crunched these numbers myself in a thread elsewhere and worked out that those mentioned in the article, and the “youngsters” who are cluttering the squad, would save just shy of £1m per week. Think some of the figures in this article are a little conservative too. Shocking state of affairs. Really looking forward to Brands working his magic and getting us looking healthy again, he’s got a hell of a job on.

Figures look to come off this website: https://www.spotrac.com/. Never heard of it, but looks to be pretty big and US based.

The general point is correct but it ignores the fact that Williams,Ramirez,Martina, Bolasie, Niasse and Mirallas are all out on loan and there are significant wage savings for the club because of this.
Even if we said the average contribution against wages was 40k per that would mean savings of 1million per month.

The general point is correct but it ignores the fact that Williams,Ramirez,Martina, Bolasie, Niasse and Mirallas are all out on loan and there are significant wage savings for the club because of this.
Even if we said the average contribution against wages was 40k per that would mean savings of 1million per month.
It would mean a reduction in the scale of the loss. That's not the same as a saving.

The clubs who have taken our players on loan might be paying a portion of the wage... but we are still paying the rest. We have several players on the books for whom we've paid considerable transfer fees and for whom we now pay weekly wages... while they play for other clubs. There's only so far you can stretch that model before you run out of cash and have nothing to show for it but a group of mediocre players. Which is exactly what the article says.

Baffles me the fans who say they don't care how much X player cost or is paid, as if they don't get that we don't have infinite resources and that that money stops us bringing in someone better. And people going "oh, this isn't Football Manager". The article literally says exactly that! I mean, it's not really saying anything we don't all know/have said ourselves, but at least criticise something about it that's worth it.

Figures look to come off this website: https://www.spotrac.com/. Never heard of it, but looks to be pretty big and US based.

The figures are wrong IMO, on the main, for example im led to believe that Walcott is our highest paid player, ive heard hes on around 130k a week, this article says 100k a week.

But as others have said we could probably sell roughly 25 players from our current first team squad and we wouldnt miss 99% of them.

Big, big task ahead for Brands, selling the players isnt the issue, getting the players to agree to a massive wage drop is the biggest challenge.

But thankfully all these contracts will at some point expire.

We could shift those players and it would literally make no difference to our squad with the exception of Walcott, ( who’s not good English anyway) if we did their wages, after 10 years would pay for our stadium. That’s insane , they could actually afford tobuild a premier league stadium over ten years with their wages .

Mate I hadn't even put that into thought... That is, as you point out, an insane notion!

Not only that, but along with the wages we can sell about 10 players for between 5-15 million who are completely surplus right now. We can easily have 150 million this coming season that we wouldnt have had, just by moving dead weight.

IF we can do that we will have plenty to spend. Financially we were put into a very bad spot by Walsh, but the reality is that once we clear things off in the next 2 seasons, we are in a good place to build a great squad.

Everyone realises finances are important, but that doesn’t make them interesting.

It would mean a reduction in the scale of the loss. That's not the same as a saving.

The clubs who have taken our players on loan might be paying a portion of the wage... but we are still paying the rest. We have several players on the books for whom we've paid considerable transfer fees and for whom we now pay weekly wages... while they play for other clubs. There's only so far you can stretch that model before you run out of cash and have nothing to show for it but a group of mediocre players. Which is exactly what the article says.
You could look at it either way.
All those players are contracted to Everton and we are committed to pay their wages, any reduction from that full liability is a saving.
But, I agree they are a deadweight on the club and will continue to drag us back until they are moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.