Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Manchester Utd vs Everton

manutd.jpg
everton.jpg

23rd Dec 12:00

On current form, we CAN get a result here. Forget about how we've done in the past against them at their place.

I recall last year our first match of the season at Spurs where we hadn't won in ages. Kilbane gets thrown off and we're thinking "no chance now."

Well we all know how that turned out.

What's to say we can't beat 'em 2-0 at their place?

On current form, we CAN get a result here. Forget about how we've done in the past against them at their place.

I recall last year our first match of the season at Spurs where we hadn't won in ages. Kilbane gets thrown off and we're thinking "no chance now."

Well we all know how that turned out.

What's to say we can't beat 'em 2-0 at their place?

Well, said Bill, let's take the game to them, it's about time we beat them 2-0 at their place!

Now this is more like it. Lets try and keep it out of the TW mailbag style.

If we lose, its because they are champions. But at the moment we are capable of beating anyone.

Its all on cahill this.

he is to me, the key player against this side.

they dont have a player in their ranks capable of throwing down with our aussie enforcer.

cars is lauded for his (and rightly so) defensive play, reading of the game and ability to make the telling challenge, but its cahill that puts the damage in.

man ure are far from imperious, lets combine some 'dogs of war' with some 'holy trinity' and get at both the fullbacks. thats where the joy is to be had, yak wont be winning anything from long balls down the middle, but lets see their two cb's bounce off him when he has the ball into feet.

question is, do we let valente loose on ronaldo, or keep lescott in with jags and yobs at cb?

as usual, a lot will rest on the shoulders of the referee, lets see how the heat of the cameras affect all the cast.

1-2 Everton

Rooney 21' (Pen)

Pienaar 56
Cahill 82

Penalty early on which Rooney will demand to take and after scoring celebrate madly infront of the travelling fans like the fat **** he is, before Everton respond in magnificient style and steal all 3 points.
We can dream - come on blue boys. Do us proud. This game is winnable.

I have been thinking about who should replace Osman while he was injure, I feel at the moment to beat Man Utd we need to play our best formation 4-1-4-1, so here a suggestion:-

--------------- Howard ----------------

Neville --- Yobo --- Jagielka --- Lescott

--------------- Carsley ----------------

Arteta --- Cahill --- Pienaar --- Valente

--------------- Yakubu ----------------

I believe Pienaar could take over Osman jobs, while I feel Valente should be should be suitable at that position while Osman is out, he could help Carsely and Lescott to keep Ronaldo quite, and while he still have some pace and good cross he could support our attack along side Pienaar, Cahill & Arteta!

At the same time Arteta and Neville should be able to deal with Giggs and Evra late run, Yobo and Lescott should should be able to keep Rooney and Teves at bay!

Looks like Brown is fit enough to play RB, that is where the opening is i could already Picture Pienaar and Valente combine well to cause Brown trouble and Yahubu & Cahill should expect penty of crosses coming in, and when Evra make late run, there would be opening for Arteta to explore!

I tell you what if Owen is playing in CM this would be another opening, he is without a doubt the weak link to there midfield even though he is there to do similar job as Carsley, but Carlsey is better than he is at this task, and he is rather slow in follow up even after he made a tackle, a big weakest of his game that I have notice from Sunday game, but then again they could be playing Carrick instead!

To me, there is alot of opening we could explore on Sunday, let's hope our lads is in confident mood as they should be and get the right result against Man Utd!

Well i think its gona be a 1-1 draw...i can understand why some evertonians have no hope about the match - Were playing the league champions away!!

But weve gto a draw off chelsea, and last year our performance against them was prety good (even thoguh we lost 3-0 - richard wright) aswell...

So i think its gona be another chelsea, defend and defend, and take the chances we have infront of goal.

Some good news i think is that Osman will be out of this match. Now not the fact that Osman is out (however he does tend to go missing in games like these?!) btu the fact that most probably gravesen will be in, and i think this is the perfect match for him to start in.

Arteta --- Cahill --- Gravesen --- Pienaar

Bench: wessels, hibbert, mcfadden, johnson, vaughan

I have been thinking about who should replace Osman while he was injure, I feel at the moment to beat Man Utd we need to play our best formation 4-1-4-1, so here a suggestion:-

Arteta --- Cahill --- Pienaar --- Valente

I believe Pienaar could take over Osman jobs, while I feel Valente should be should be suitable at that position while Osman is out, he could help Carsely and Lescott to keep Ronaldo quite, and while he still have some pace and good cross he could support our attack along side Pienaar, Cahill & Arteta!

At the same time Arteta and Neville should be able to deal with Giggs and Evra late run, Yobo and Lescott should should be able to keep Rooney and Teves at bay!

Looks like Brown is fit enough to play RB, that is where the opening is i could already Picture Pienaar and Valente combine well to cause Brown trouble and Yahubu & Cahill should expect penty of crosses coming in, and when Evra make late run, there would be opening for Arteta to explore!

I tell you what if Owen is playing in CM this would be another opening, he is without a doubt the weak link to there midfield even though he is there to do similar job as Carsley, but Carlsey is better than he is at this task, and he is rather slow in follow up even after he made a tackle, a big weakest of his game that I have notice from Sunday game, but then again they could be playing Carrick instead!

To me, there is alot of opening we could explore on Sunday, let's hope our lads is in confident mood as they should be and get the right result against Man Utd!

Valente, left wing? why?! no skill, no pace, and his crosses arent exactly spectacular...im not confident even having him on the bench!!

Valente, left wing? why?! no skill, no pace, and his crosses arent exactly spectacular...im not confident even having him on the bench!!

Did you missed the assist he made in Pienaar goal in Sunderland match? he still have enough pace to make late run and his perfect lay pass back to Pienaar!

What about the cross he made in that match as well, where a header lay across to Osman and he bring it down with his Chest and half Volley it which there keeper made a good safe!

Although he has pass 30 now, but he still have some pace left faster than Hibbert at the very least and his passing is good and he could make some cross, great player to cover in that position in the mean time!

I just don't think Gravesen is ready to play in CM forus, he just didn't do it for me against AZ, so even Moyes wouldn't conside this formation it would be likely be this formation:-

Neville --- Yobo --- Lescott --- Valente

Arteta --- Cahill --- Jagielka --- Pienaar

Look, the problem is we are being lured in by the "Theate of Dreams"...the "Theatre of Invincibility" myth that makes teams roll over and die when they come to Old Trafford, to write it off as a lost fixture...I just hope that Moyes doesn't. "Sir" Alex will try to butter us up talking about our quality players, how well were doing e.t.c.
[Poor language removed] him, we want him to be giving us grief after we take 3 points from him. We should go there and give 120% and fight for every ball, it seems logical but its amazing how many teams arrive and look like they've lost before the game has even started. This is the time for dreams, we are in fantastic form and if we want to achieve anything this season, we will have to compete with the best. I will be dissapointed with a draw, but I will take it. And I mean that. Don't let the Old Trafford myths wow you, they are not any harder to beat than Liverpool or Chelsea, we can do this. Come on you blue boys!!!

What do you guys think about the formation I suggest? I though the 2nd formation is pretty good we did have a solid defence line and Jagielka scoring a goal against AZ in the mid-week match, should settle him down.

What other formation do you think we did used, Any suggestion?

I honestly want to have faith in Gravesen but he just doesn't look he is ready at all, if I was Moyes I won't start him unless he wanting us to lose, he just don't seem interested at all in playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.