draw about to start - SK BRANN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brann are ahead of Rosenborg in the Norweigan league by quite a few points so we should really be more worried about Brann than Rosenborg, and to be honest I'm not worried about either. Not sure about the draw being kind to us thus far, teams from Ukraine, Germany, Russia and Holland aren't easy at all. The Greek team I can accept but the others have all been decent opposition.

I fancy us against anyone but the Spanish teams I have to say.

Brann are ahead of Rosenborg in the Norweigan league by quite a few points so we should really be more worried about Brann than Rosenborg, and to be honest I'm not worried about either. Not sure about the draw being kind to us thus far, teams from Ukraine, Germany, Russia and Holland aren't easy at all. The Greek team I can accept but the others have all been decent opposition.

I fancy us against anyone but the Spanish teams I have to say.

Come off it Bruce, of course teams from the countrie's you've mentioned are good but our qualifying group was one of the weaker ones in terms of our opposition.
Dont get me wrong we have done brilliantly but their are bigger and better teams to face if we are to progress further, and of a much higher calibre than anything we came up against in the group stages.

Last edited:
I have watched them this year in UEFA League against Dinamo and I have to say I'm not impressed by them at all, I don't even know how they have managed to be in front of Rosenborg in Norwegian league. Great draw, couldn't be better.

I was just thankful we didn't pick up Galatasaray - I couldn't watch when their opponents were being read out, we were one of three options.

Brann, without underestimating them, is a fine draw. And, as someone said above, if you want to progress in Europe or in the PL you have to start beating good teams, so no worries with Rosenburg or Fiorentina here.

Feel sorry for Aberdeen and Bolton, both handed tough draws. Spurs should be fairly confident against Slavia Prague. I think, they way we are playing, we are into the last 8. Moyes will be starting his homework right now, and soon he will begin assigning the players homework.

We are at home in the second leg both times.
Although I'm not taking the Brann game for granted, the undoubtedly harder of the two games, should we progress, would be Fiorentina (in turn, it is no guarentee they will progress either). But even if we get results anything like this;
0-0, 1-1, 2-2,
even a 2-1 defeat

then we will be in a very strong position because we'd be able to bring our away goals back to Goodison. The most important thing is keeping it as tight as possible in Italy and then start to thinking about winning the game when we get back to Goodison. I don't think it's anywhere near as tough as people are making out - bring them on I say, we will face tougher tests than that.

Still though, it's all cirumstantial as Brann and Rosenborg still have a say in proceedings, so who knows what will happen. As Danny said one game at a time, lets focus on beating SK Brann, who are the Norweigan Champions and deserve respect for that.

since my thread has been deleted, my joke about brann helping us with our number 2 situation will sadly pass into obscurity.

where is chico to laugh at my lame jokes when i want him?

I shall keep repeating this joke until it becomes funny. you have been warned.

incidentally i hear their stadium is a dump.

leonbil, I believe your joke is still here, it was merged with this one. I know as I read it a couple of minutes ago.

Nice draw there, Brann would be off-season when we play them in R32, so in our form I see no problem while we could have been given a harder R16 but Rosenburg or Fiorentina are easy enough, we should have no problem getting into Quarter-Final.

I did mean all cup's

League Cup ~ Luton. Sheff Wed, West Ham

FA Cup ~ Oldham

UEFA Cup ~ Qualifier, Metalist. We made hard work of it but not a major force.

Larissa ~ Nothing special, not one of the best Greek sides we could have faced by a long shot

Nurnberg ~ Fighting for survival in the Bundesliga

Zenit ~ Ok, Good side.

AZ ~ not Ajax or Feynoord or PSV are they.

What a draw! As a Brann-supporter to draw Everton is a major challenge for us. As you all may know, English football is pretty big in Norway, and everyone knows what there is to know about your team. It`s going to be very difficult to get tickets to the game here in Bergen, but I hope many of you are planning a trip to our lovely city...

I dont know what you know about our team, but players like Eirik Bakke (ex.Villa and Leeds) and Thorstein Helstad( top scorer in the norwegian league) Iceland int. Krissy Sigurdson( fantastic CB) and Azar Karadas(ex Pompey/benfica) are some of our best known player. But we have had a really strong season, demolishing Rosenborg and all the other title contenders, winning the league for the first time in 44 years.

And despite the fact that we are in the middle of the preseason in feb. I don`t think you should underestimate us, because iI honestly believe that on a good day we have what it takes to beat you.

is it true what they say though about brann making you poo better?

i always find a donner kebab with chilli sauce or a vindaloo does the trick and there aint no fibre in them babies.

Anyone know who was in the group that brann qualified from, as in who they beat etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.