Who must we buy to strengthen in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will soon have Mc Carthy and Stones back, this will add options in defence and central midfield.
It would be great to get a creative left sided player but I am not expecting any signings in January.

If we are unable to strengthen the squad maybe some creative thought should be put into the formation changing to 3 at the back with two wing backs. Similar to this line up
Howard
Stones. Jags Distin
Mc Carthy. Besic
Coleman. Baines
(Mirallas/Naismith/Eto'o) Barclay
Lukaku

I think we all know that the issue lies with...

Howard (35), Distin (37), Barry (33), Hibbert (33), Eto'o (33), Osman (33), Pienaar, Alcaraz, Jagielka (32), Kone (31) and Baines (30), thats a full team who are all over 30 there, and the big problem everton have is a lack of pace, so therefore you'll need a couple of wingers, a central defender, as Distin is finished, and Alcaraz (should he ever be fit), is just not really up to it. Oh and a goalkeeper, if he had any sense about him, he'd be calling up Begovic or Cech as we speak and getting them signed up, because Howard and Distin together at the back makes my hair whiten by the day.

Throw in gibson as well because hes always crocked and you have mirrored my posts since summer.

Howard (35), Distin (37), Barry (33), Hibbert (33), Eto'o (33), Osman (33), Pienaar, Alcaraz, Jagielka (32), Kone (31) and Baines (30), thats a full team who are all over 30 there, and the big problem everton have is a lack of pace, so therefore you'll need a couple of wingers, a central defender, as Distin is finished, and Alcaraz (should he ever be fit), is just not really up to it. Oh and a goalkeeper, if he had any sense about him, he'd be calling up Begovic or Cech as we speak and getting them signed up, because Howard and Distin together at the back makes my hair whiten by the day.

I don't buy this aging thing as a big issue. Howard and barry are the old players that are regulars, the others there are squad players. Jags and more so baines I don't count as old players.

RM is over reliant on barry. He wants to rotate the squad yet always selects Barry. I think we have enough options to afford him a rest every now and then!

Mainly the problem lies in roberto's selections and square pegs round holes.

As for Jan, it's obvious we need another speedy goalscoring winger as a must. A quality addition, not another squad player! I'd be happy with that in Jan. In the summer GK & CB additions are important to look at.

You dont think its a big issue to have an entire team of over 30s who all need replacing now or soon...

I don't buy this aging thing as a big issue. Howard and barry are the old players that are regulars, the others there are squad players. Jags and more so baines I don't count as old players.

RM is over reliant on barry. He wants to rotate the squad yet always selects Barry. I think we have enough options to afford him a rest every now and then!

Mainly the problem lies in roberto's selections and square pegs round holes.

As for Jan, it's obvious we need another speedy goalscoring winger as a must. A quality addition, not another squad player! I'd be happy with that in Jan. In the summer GK & CB additions are important to look at.

You dont think its a big issue to have an entire team of over 30s who all need replacing now or soon...
There's no harm in having experience in your squad. Most of them aren't first choice anyway and the others have younger players coming through in their positions. 3/4 signings in the right positions in Jan or the summer and there's no real problem.

Our biggest issue is similar to the [Poor language removed] over the park and the manager thinking he is bigger than the club. Except in goal we have ready made replacements for the weaker positions that can be eased in now.

If Browning is good enough for cameo at Lpool and Manure he has to be blooded more, this would maybe release Coleman to play a more advanced role.

Garbutt in to release Baines for a more advanced role.

besic and McCarthy when fit is better than Barry who will still offer cover on the bench for midfield and CB.

Brenda over the road moans about not finishing but plays a winger as a striker and keeps two strikers on the bench, RM says he made no subs as the team on the pitch could do a job (3-0 down).

Arrogance in the least...................

Your clearly ignoring the young players tho in your assessment. You quite easily throw it round, list all the young players and claim we have a young team. It's hardly Walter smith standards.

Of course some of these aging squad players we have are at the end of there usefulness but no doubt they will be replaced when appropriate.

Robles, Coleman, Stones, Gallaway, Browning, Garbutt, Oveido, Ledson, Besic, McCarthy, Barkley, Lakaku...

There's a base of a side just there tbh.

Your clearly ignoring the young players tho in your assessment. You quite easily throw it round, list all the young players and claim we have a young team. It's hardly Walter smith standards.

Of course some of these aging squad players we have are at the end of there usefulness but no doubt they will be replaced when appropriate.

Robles, Coleman, Stones, Gallaway, Browning, Garbutt, Oveido, Ledson, Besic, McCarthy, Barkley, Lakaku...

There's a base of a side just there tbh.

No keeper though.

Status
Not open for further replies.