Who must we buy to strengthen in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarath

Player Valuation: £6m
Abundantly clear that we need some additions in January. Some of the people linked to us whom I think we should get...

Deulofeu - 8m - Clear we need a first choice winger, Atsu also doesn't seem to be cutting it. Has been linked with us today. Would be amazing if we could get him for this fee.

Nastastic - 5-6mil - Have been linked with him previously, would be an amazing signing for that fee. Doubt city would sell though

Ben Arfa - Free - I know he's a tw*t, but if Martinez could sort him out he's unbelievable on his day and is probably free.

Ruddy - 7mil - Howard needs competition. Not from Robles

Albeit these signings are either very controversial or very unlikely. But who do you think we should buy in Jan? It's clear we need more competition in the squad to challenge our players and make them realise they're not guaranteed a starting spot.

No way we'd spend that much in january.

Would never have Ben Arfa either, far to much trouble than hes worth.

A new center back and a new winger are needed first and foremost, probably have to wait til summer for a new keeper

Abundantly clear that we need some additions in January. Some of the people linked to us whom I think we should get...

Deulofeu - 8m - Clear we need a first choice winger, Atsu also doesn't seem to be cutting it. Has been linked with us today. Would be amazing if we could get him for this fee.

Nastastic - 5-6mil - Have been linked with him previously, would be an amazing signing for that fee. Doubt city would sell though

Ben Arfa - Free - I know he's a tw*t, but if Martinez could sort him out he's unbelievable on his day and is probably free.

Albeit these signings are either very controversial or very unlikely. But who do you think we should buy in Jan? It's clear we need more competition in the squad to challenge our players and make them realise they're not guaranteed a starting spot.

Apart from Deulofeu I don't think any of them are what we need - although Ruddy would be decent i'd be looking at Begovic (next summer anyway). I think Bolasie is a class act as well, centre back wise we could do a lot worse than Davies from Hull - as 3rd choice with an aim to be pushing Jags he'd be ideal.

Got to be at least a new CB and a winger. However Martinez has said we're not getting anyone. Somethings got to happen cause at that minute its just no where near good enough

Nastasic has been linked with Juventus - I think he'll go to a higher club who can pay better wages. Baffles me why Boyata is preferred over him.

We've been linked with Shawcross persistently and he'd be a good leader and show requisite amounts of grit but Stoke would stand their ground on any price as he's their captain.

I'd quite like Ikechi Anya as he works hard, has pace, and is good on the wing.

I've seen us linked with Asamoah from Juve, but that's pretty unlikely, would be boss like.

I think we urgently need a winger (creative pacy sort) and a CB. Goalie would be nice but can wait till summer.

Hasn't Martinez ruled out spending money in the Jan transfer window? i.e. loans only

Status
Not open for further replies.