2023/24 Ashley Young

Someone at the football club needs to step in and overrule him if he tries that crap on. Young has been an embarrassment all season.

The issue with this is that there’s been many Everton players who have been an embarrassment recently but Young plays regularly in a defence which is the 4th best in the PL and has been part of a team that has actually improved from the previous season at Everton for the first time in about 5 years.

He’s not an embarrassment, he’s just a slow player due to his age who gets caught out on occasion. Coleman is sadly in the same camp now as he’s not at the speed he was. If you’re playing PL football past 35 though you’re obviously not an embarrassment. We need to replace both with younger quicker players obviously but it doesn’t mean they’ve been an embarrassment.

Fans target cheap fringe or loan players like Young Harrison Rondon for loads of criticism but they’re not the reason (player wise) we’re where we are. The vast majority of the criticism should be going to players like Michael Keane Andre Gomes Siggurdson Schneiderlin Bernard etc. players who were relied upon to be the core of a team, paid extremely well for it, but just delivered utterly listless nonsense year after year. Whatever you think of Young, he’s always put in effort. The players I listed were disgraceful at times. They’re the real embarrassments. Young will probably be gone this summer or if not the summer after and will be a mere footnote not worth getting bothered about. It’s the failure of those ‘big’ players that hamstrung the club (amongst other issues)

I thought, in general, Ashley Young did okay against Luton Town, nothing much he could've done about their goal as it's not his fault he was dragged over backwards by a player twice his size. Give him and Seamus Coleman new deals and see which one completely burns out first.

I thought, in general, Ashley Young did okay against Luton Town, nothing much he could've done about their goal as it's not his fault he was dragged over backwards by a player twice his size. Give him and Seamus Coleman new deals and see which one completely burns out first.
The club is an embarrassment if it gives either of them new deals at this point.

Coleman looks as if he is moving into coaching which is the right move. Keep him at the club but he is done as a player unfortunately based off his injury/availability this last couple of season.

Young needs let go. He has done ok in some games but been a liability in others (more than other players have been). And seems to be on quite high wages from things I’ve seen recently

The club is an embarrassment if it gives either of them new deals at this point.

Coleman looks as if he is moving into coaching which is the right move. Keep him at the club but he is done as a player unfortunately based off his injury/availability this last couple of season.

Young needs let go. He has done ok in some games but been a liability in others (more than other players have been). And seems to be on quite high wages from things I’ve seen recently
Young has played 29 out of 36 games this season.

Myko and Patterson are both out for the season, but Patto hasnt nailed down a place at all.

Which means we probably need 3 new fullbacks, 2 Right side and 1 Left side.

I wont be surprised if we extend both or at least 1 im afraid.

Young has played 29 out of 36 games this season.

Myko and Patterson are both out for the season, but Patto hasnt nailed down a place at all.

Which means we probably need 3 new fullbacks, 2 Right side and 1 Left side.

I wont be surprised if we extend both or at least 1 im afraid.
Godfrey does a better job at RB than any of the others this season (defensively anyway).

I can see us signing a starting RB and then another younger player as back up for one of the sides with Godfrey remaining as back up as well. (As he gives us the option for either side, so we don’t need to urgently find a back up for both sides this summer).

It's a no from me on both points, we should be learning from giving players who are passed it new contracts.