Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Think he can play their but predominantly a RB.
Think was because of injuries tbh but is a player out of the price we can be in for. Club has a big call to make on the rb spot with coleman not being able to be the starting rb anymore, patterson just not good enough.

I think I’d prefer Jobe Bellingham than Clarke if we could only buy 1 Sunderland player. There are many more wingers other than Clarke available and similar in style but jobe does seem to have it all in terms of attacking and defensive output plus he’s only 18. The only reason he doesn’t get the same attention as Archie Gray is because of his surname.

Lost me about Bellingham not getting the same attention as Gray because of his surname?

Bellingham is surely a name that puts pressure on Jobe?

James is quite decent. Lost a bit of form so benched in the run in but he plays every game for Wales and still only 20 so huge potential and would be good alternative to Garner as that's the player in this midfield he's most similar to.

Hall been injured most of the season so he hasn't made the impact Demari Gray made years back there just yet.

James only 19 still, 20 in July. Not sure if hes up to our level but at a low fee with Birmingham now in league one...could sign him to flip.

Yes saw he had been injured so hes only played a few at the start of the season & a few at the end of the season. Perhaps now hes back getting games he could be even cheaper than James?

Badly need a right back.

Archie Gray would be my first choice but can't afford.

Cm aint he

Think he can play their but predominantly a RB.

Think was because of injuries tbh but is a player out of the price we can be in for. Club has a big call to make on the rb spot with coleman not being able to be the starting rb anymore, patterson just not good enough.

Hes a DM/CM playing right back.

As hes only just 18 he could come to us as a right back and be eased in (we have Godfrey/Patterson he can rotate with).

Then in a couple of seasons we move him to DM/CM.

If Leeds dont come up and he has the chance to start most games for us in the premier league....also have England eyes on him playing with Pickford, Branthwaite and even Tarkowski then it seems we may have a small chance.

He'd be my first choice signing this summer to 'complete' the defence.

Does anyone know anything about this Asprilla guy?
Is he good enough?
Does he fit in a Dyche system?

Been linked with Barca and seemingly can play in any of the attacking positions.

Could be one of those where we dont move on him now but next season he explodes.

Looks to me the only players coming in will be loans and freebies. A few wasters out of contract should leave and we’ll be forced to sell at least 2 high profile players. Starting next season with a possible/ probable points deduction and a worse squad. Lovely. I can’t wait 🥹
So, why would we be selling high profile players? We need to stay in this league and shouldn't weaken the squad.

Sell fringe high earners and don't spend much.

Every penny counts, as you say, but there are other things we need to get sorted before we start selling our best players.

Like new owners in the short term and making sure we start at BMD in the Premier League so that we can start generating
money.

Selling Branthwaite, Pickford and Onana will make it very hard to stay up because we can't afford to replace them.

We have a lot of income coming and we just have to spend less of it. Reducing our massive wage bill for a start.

Every penny counts, as you say, but there are other things we need to get sorted before we start selling our best players.

Like new owners in the short term and making sure we start at BMD in the Premier League so that we can start generating
money.

Selling Branthwaite, Pickford and Onana will make it very hard to stay up because we can't afford to replace them.

We have a lot of income coming and we just have to spend less of it. Reducing our massive wage bill for a start.
We won't make it to the new stadium as things stand. We need to make £100 million profit on player trading this summer and that starts with selling Onana and Branthwaite.