Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

In Zat’s world, it’s pay £0 upfront and £1 a week for the next 2000 years.

We also recoup the entire transfer fee if we sell them

I just use basic calculations. Im not sure why youre mocking that?

I don’t speak the lingo but my guess is that Lille and Everton are the clubs most interested in Matias Moreno and that he is a similar player to Cristian Romero.

Yes thats what i thought too.

May be that this link and the one to Sosa are low cost compared with others with high upside.

Bit concerning Sosa is 24 though Moreno is ideal to bring in now at 20 and have a Chermiti type development if we can move on one or two squad centre backs.

Is there a more tedious debating device on the internet than “if you think [different opinion to mine] then you know nothing about [thing we’re debating]”?

FWIW I agree with you, but only because we are biblically skint and DM is one of the most difficult (and ergo likely most expensive) positions to recruit for these days. Gana had an excellent run-in, but was garbage for about 30 games of the season so any opinion to the contrary is really quite reasonable, tbf.

Yeah agreed. No right or wrong on Gana.

Tbh not too bothered about him in isolation, or Young & Coleman if we bring in young players to develop behind them who can replace them over the season.

Thought that’d be obvious considering his wet dream is to have a team of youth players

...and yet, ive never said that!

What i want is the quality players like Tarkowski brought in. Then u21 backup players behind them developed.

If we signed this Moreno for example and he was backup to Tarkowski for a season. Then rotation for the second season.

By the 3rd we have a 22/23 year old centre back who can replace Tarkowski if hes good enough -- or can sell and replace as he came for a low cost.

Same like Chermiti
1st year develop as backup
2nd year be rotation option
-- Thats going to plan so far.

No chance DCL will be considered the same worth as Iwobi. He'll go for significantly more IMO

This is the kind of intangible stuff that a lot of the howling hyenas on here don't take into consideration

Not with the injuries. Id be happy with £30mil. When he was in the England squad £60mil would have been the goal.

I know what you mean about camp morale with Coleman, Young and Gana.

But dont forget, they all need to play and play well.

Leeds have a decent chance of staying up if they win the final with Summerville/Gonoto/Rutter. Can't afford to sell any of them and Dan James and Bamford isn't terrible back up. I rate Ampadu aswell, their DM.

Need to spend the money on an actual backline and move Archie Gray back into midfield.

I think they'll just sell some of the players they have out on loan. Harrison might be of interest to other clubs actually. Robin Koch made the German euros squad so he'll be of interest to Bundesliga clubs.

Alot riding on the championship final. Their forward players should see them survive in the premier league. Hope they dont come up.

So what you’re saying is that Leeds will be replacing Luton as the housewives favourite on here and will be elevated to Champions League contenders ( again ) in the process ?

That will be Ipswich.

Leeds messed up big time getting relegated when you look at their decisions last time in the prem. Should've sacked Marsch going into the World cup break (like Lampard) but think he won a game at Liverpool so that gave him an extra two months in the job. They do that and appoint Dyche in that break and they'd have stayed up comfortably.

Then in the January they were desperate for another CF and signed Rutter for big money who simply wasn't ready for premier league. Then sacked Marsch and appointed Javi Gracia which didn't look a great appointment and after o.k opening five games results and performances really declined. Getting in Big Sam with four games left was equally hilarious and desperate.

Since all that they've been taken over so do have money to spend and I get the feeling they'll be very ruthless getting rid of Farke if he doesn't start that well.

Much rather Southampton come up as I think they'll be like Burnley. Still have plenty of the young players that struggled last time in the prem and can see Russell Martin being as stubborn as Kompany in not tweaking the playing from the back style so they'll struggle to keep clean sheets and lose plenty of games.

...and yet, ive never said that!

What i want is the quality players like Tarkowski brought in. Then u21 backup players behind them developed.

If we signed this Moreno for example and he was backup to Tarkowski for a season. Then rotation for the second season.

By the 3rd we have a 22/23 year old centre back who can replace Tarkowski if hes good enough -- or can sell and replace as he came for a low cost.

Same like Chermiti
1st year develop as backup
2nd year be rotation option
-- Thats going to plan so far.

Not with the injuries. Id be happy with £30mil. When he was in the England squad £60mil would have been the goal.

I know what you mean about camp morale with Coleman, Young and Gana.

But dont forget, they all need to play and play well.

Alot riding on the championship final. Their forward players should see them survive in the premier league. Hope they dont come up.

YAWN

"Significantly more" is 30-35m. Really for someone who's been injured for two of last three seasons and has scored six goals this season staying fit?

They'll be interest in him but more as a back up e.g. Newcastle sell Calum Wilson and they'll need that type in the squad to be cover for Isak.

I think on balance keep him until January and then assess what the situation is then. Or activate any one year options on his deal as in that timeline a takeover will surely materialise.

Cant take the risk of keeping DCL until Jan.

£30mil+ now or a contract extension.

I think alot depends on how they see Chermiti and Beto next season.

Its tough as i dont think we can keep Beto. Ignore his ability, he just doesnt suit the style of play. Needs the ball in front of him.

As ive said many times, id sell Beto, Maupay and DCL this window. Replace with one centre forward and have Chermiti as rotation.

That will be Ipswich.

Leeds messed up big time getting relegated when you look at their decisions last time in the prem. Should've sacked Marsch going into the World cup break (like Lampard) but think he won a game at Liverpool so that gave him an extra two months in the job. They do that and appoint Dyche in that break and they'd have stayed up comfortably.

Then in the January they were desperate for another CF and signed Rutter for big money who simply wasn't ready for premier league. Then sacked Marsch and appointed Javi Gracia which didn't look a great appointment and after o.k opening five games results and performances really declined. Getting in Big Sam with four games left was equally hilarious and desperate.

Since all that they've been taken over so do have money to spend and I get the feeling they'll be very ruthless getting rid of Farke if he doesn't start that well.

Much rather Southampton come up as I think they'll be like Burnley. Still have plenty of the young players that struggled last time in the prem and can see Russell Martin being as stubborn as Kompany in not tweaking the playing from the back style so they'll struggle to keep clean sheets and lose plenty of games.

Summerville, Gnonto and Rutter with a whole season starting games now will all be a different proposition next season.

Also Gray a year older and further along with his development.

Come up and they have 4 young players and are on their way to building something.

Meanwhile to compare with us...we have 3, Branthwaite, Onana and Chermiti.

Even United are going to be improving with Garnacho, Mainoo and Hojlund + planning to bring in more young players to rebuild.

Thats why, even if we got say £60mil for Onana net of clauses...we need to bring in at least 1 u23 to continue to build.

It's a tough one.

No idea if DCL has any extension option in his deal, probably not given there's been little in the press. Man. United are always extending deals of existing players by a year just to keep up value.

With two years left on his deal you just park any decision until summer 2025.

A new 3-4 year deal is a big commitment and the ownership structure simply isn't there at present. He also isn't going to be accepting any deal on reduced terms as with his age it's likely to be the last big contract of his career unless he gets back to 2020. His agent needs to be sacked if he can't find better offers from other prem or European sides.

Can Beto even be sold if the first payments to Udinese aren't due until this summer? So you'd be effectively fudging that and getting another side to pay a fee and those payments instead.

The current three certainly start next season and then it's a case of seeing how the opening 3-4 games go and then if there's a competent ownership structure in place.

It's a tough one.

No idea if DCL has any extension option in his deal, probably not given there's been little in the press. Man. United are always extending deals of existing players by a year just to keep up value.

With two years left on his deal you just park any decision until summer 2025.

A new 3-4 year deal is a big commitment and the ownership structure simply isn't there at present. He also isn't going to be accepting any deal on reduced terms as with his age it's likely to be the last big contract of his career unless he gets back to 2020. His agent needs to be sacked if he can't find better offers from other prem or European sides.

Can Beto even be sold if the first payments to Udinese aren't due until this summer? So you'd be effectively fudging that and getting another side to pay a fee and those payments instead.

The current three certainly start next season and then it's a case of seeing how the opening 3-4 games go and then if there's a competent ownership structure in place.
DCL has 12months left.

Leeds have a decent chance of staying up if they win the final with Summerville/Gonoto/Rutter. Can't afford to sell any of them and Dan James and Bamford isn't terrible back up. I rate Ampadu aswell, their DM.

Need to spend the money on an actual backline and move Archie Gray back into midfield.

I think they'll just sell some of the players they have out on loan. Harrison might be of interest to other clubs actually. Robin Koch made the German euros squad so he'll be of interest to Bundesliga clubs.

Farke is terribly dogmatic mate, he got ponied with Norwich twcet trying to play the “right way” as if that exists.