Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Barkley i suspect looks better with a one year contract, rather then a three year one.

Generally id be against on principal, but im a pragmatist ultimately, he would add some guile and creativity in transition and we need a player who can stand on the ball and control the game and tempo - so ultimately im open minded.

If you get him you have to accept you will be carrying him to a degree.
Would him and Dyche be a match. I am not sure

I want Burnley to stay up. They will definitely occupy a relegation spot next season if they keep kompany and continue their obsession with possession football with a piss poor squad.

Do you have any examples?

Maupay’s loan move has done nothing but save us money on his wages and increase Maupay’s market value. Whereas ‘sucking it up’ and having him stink out the substitutes bench would have done the exact opposite of that.

We need to get rid of Beto, as he isn’t good enough and he has a contract until 2027. A loan move, possibly at a level more suitable to his talent, would save us money on his wages and would hopefully make him more attractive to potential buyers. This won’t happen if he’s stinking out our bench.

Che Adams has a market value of between 10 and 15 million imo, and his wage demands are not going to be sky high. He’d be much better value for money as a sub, and we’d also be able to fetch 10 million or so for him next summer if we wanted.

What the difference between Beto and Adams? Value for money.

Adams is free from July and currently gets 30 to 34K a week at Saints. He will be booed within a handful of games at Everton as no-way is he an out and out striker, more link up play. DCL could really benefit from someone like him in the team.

More to the point if nicking Saints players Kyle Walker-Peters is class at full back though is worth, and would earn, more than we may be willing/able to pay..
I still think adams would just be a doucore alternative if honest, just fits dyche profile in that position.
Birmingham relegated

Jordan James & George Hall linked in the past...any thoughts?
Never heard of hall but would be after that james is the right profile we should be going for the future. Get him in early and hope to build him up

Looks to me the only players coming in will be loans and freebies. A few wasters out of contract should leave and we’ll be forced to sell at least 2 high profile players. Starting next season with a possible/ probable points deduction and a worse squad. Lovely. I can’t wait 🥹