The Four Months Though Lads - Worse than Mike Walker

i am happy mate. Don’t have 150 posts trying to create nickname for him
👍
IMG_5813.jpeg

Already happened brother, accept it and cheer up.

Utterly bananas to think that Everton fans can look at the club in its current state, the paper thin squad, the absence of pace out wide, the lack of depth at fullback, the multiple points deductions, the awful League campaigns going back several years, the prolonged terrible player recruitment and then point the finger at Dyche and say "he's the problem".

He's improved our points haul compared to last season, and done it with a weaker squad, an 8-point handicap and zero money spent in the January window.

Would you prefer Silva, Koeman, Allardyce, Benitez or Lampard back? Do you want to go back to the Martinez days, getting 2-0 leads only to lose 4-3?

Dyche is playing tactics that maximise the meagre resources at his disposal. He and Ancelotti are the only two managers since Moyes that have moved Everton's trajectory upwards - every other manager has contributed to the decline, and every other manager has had a better squad at his disposal.

Absolutely mind-bending to think there's people out there who want a different manager in, knowing that there's going to be no money to spend on the squad for at least another two transfer windows.

The same before Dyche too.

The common denominator?

We don't have players who can create, or score.

Or pace.

The squad we have now, dictates relegation fight next season too. Just like it has the previous three.
Aye, our play in the final third is dreadful. It'd be wonderful if Dyche can address this over the summer but I suspect he'll be focused on being a defensive unit. Fingers crossed.

Huh?

We went 4months without winning a League game.

That happened, I didn't make it up, it's an actual fact.
To be fair it’s not a fact.

We beat Burnley 2-0 on December 16th 2023

Our next league win was against Burnley on the 6th April 2024.

That’s not quite 4 months. Around 3.66 months.

Aye, our play in the final third is dreadful. It'd be wonderful if Dyche can address this over the summer but I suspect he'll be focused on being a defensive unit. Fingers crossed.

I suspect he'll be hamstrung by having no owner, or money to buy the attacking ability we've lacked for many years now, which has dictated relegation scrap.

Watch as we offer £0 upfront again for the likes of Gnonto.

Utterly bananas to think that Everton fans can look at the club in its current state, the paper thin squad, the absence of pace out wide, the lack of depth at fullback, the multiple points deductions, the awful League campaigns going back several years, the prolonged terrible player recruitment and then point the finger at Dyche and say "he's the problem".

He's improved our points haul compared to last season, and done it with a weaker squad, an 8-point handicap and zero money spent in the January window.

Would you prefer Silva, Koeman, Allardyce, Benitez or Lampard back? Do you want to go back to the Martinez days, getting 2-0 leads only to lose 4-3?

Dyche is playing tactics that maximise the meagre resources at his disposal. He and Ancelotti are the only two managers since Moyes that have moved Everton's trajectory upwards - every other manager has contributed to the decline, and every other manager has had a better squad at his disposal.

Absolutely mind-bending to think there's people out there who want a different manager in, knowing that there's going to be no money to spend on the squad for at least another two transfer windows.
Agree with all of this except Allardyce.

Whether people like him or not, Allardyce improved us in the time he was with us. We were battling relegation before he came (some fans like to say we were 13th I think it was when he actually took over) but we ended up 8th.

Agree with all of this except Allardyce.

Whether people like him or not, Allardyce improved us in the time he was with us. We were battling relegation before he came (some fans like to say we were 13th I think it was when he actually took over) but we ended up 8th.
Ok, fair point regarding Large Samuel in terms of points and league position.

Still hate him for some of the abysmal recruitment during his tenure, however.

You mean our second worst ever winless run since the formation of our club??
I don't quite follow the line of thinking here.

This awful winless run exists, yes. Not denying that. But look at it within the context of the season as a whole, and comparing this season with last season.

Last season's points and league position were WORSE than this season. But we didn't experience a lengthy winless run, so does that mean last season was better overall? I would say that emphatically it was not.

If the price of finishing ten to fifteen points better than last season is a longer winless run than anything we saw last season, sign me up. Who wouldn't take that? I don't get it.