Everton Youth Teams Thread

…pre-season is when players have a chance of impressing Dyche. My concern with Mills is he was sent out last season whilst Dobbin was kept. I like Mills myself, I also like his brother is one of the country’s top milers which suggests the genes have been passed from their Dad.

Your right about the pre season bit, i think that's what forced Dyches hand to keep Dobbin about! this summer (Whether that has been beneficial to him or not is another conversation).

3-0 defeat to the team who are keeping us from being bottom of PL 2 . I could write something positive about all 10 starting outfielders , they all have good points , but the reality is that , desperate as we are for young players to come through, only Dobbin and Metcalfe have a chance of featuring for the 1st team next season. It pains me to say that, I would love to be wrong.

So we ended up next to bottom in the PL 2 league , 1 point clear of bottom club Derby . Shocking.

Last edited:

3-0 down to the team who are keeping us from being bottom of PL 2 . I could write something positive about all 10 starting outfielders , they all have good points , but the reality is that , desperate as we are for young players to come through, only Dobbin and Metcalfe have a chance of featuring for the 1st team next season. It pains me to say that, I would love to be wrong.
What’s the score with Onyango? Thought he was on the cusp of a breakthrough before his injury….

3-0 defeat to the team who are keeping us from being bottom of PL 2 . I could write something positive about all 10 starting outfielders , they all have good points , but the reality is that , desperate as we are for young players to come through, only Dobbin and Metcalfe have a chance of featuring for the 1st team next season. It pains me to say that, I would love to be wrong.

So we ended up next to bottom in the PL 2 league , 1 point clear of bottom club Derby . Shocking.

Really disappointing when you think Okoronkwo is probably the only genuine one missing from that group.

Has Welch not progressed?

Anyone from the u18s that is highly rated and could improve in the u21s next season?