New Everton Stadium Discussion

Will be a big improvement without doubt, but very few clubs have particularly improved performance on the pitch because of a new stadium.
I’m not sure going from the 10th biggest capacity in the Prem to the 7th is necessarily going to propel us that far?

The facilities that the new stadium brings in concessions and corporate areas as well as the ability to host other events will provide that not so much bums on seats.

In that aspect it’s a quantum leap forward as I once read somewhere that Wigan and the DW stadium were making more money then Everton at GP despite GP having twice the capacity.

Still I think it BMD should have been bigger though but perhaps the ROI on that would not been feasible

Last edited:
Stadium entrances coming along
IMG_3738.jpeg
IMG_3741.jpeg
IMG_3744.jpeg

Any increases that don't involve just standing ratios would require the roof to be dismantled along the east stand and a new tier adding. Not unlike city's extension, the first of which took place in 2014 and cost £50 million (remember a goal stand is not as big as a side stand). I would say it would be comfortably getting up to that 100 million figure.

The cheapest solution would be to add a few thousand by expanding the North stand but we would need to buy the land, the concourse would need to be extended to take the extra capacity and would still cost £50-60 million for very little gain. The club will make most of the money through the premium seats, naming rights, events. Three thousand extra tickets isn't going to make a world of difference especially given the outlay.

Good points. I think the additional tier on the side stands is something to look forward to one day. Too late now sadly something for the longer term.

The north stand is something I can't quite get my head around. Even more so with that slither being returned to UU. Is there any reason they (UU) need this area? I would have assumed the club has tried to negotiate some of the land but maybe not. Again something for the future?

Anyhow, do we know if they intend to keep the air raid siren and z-cars at the new stadium?
I really hope they keep both as there is something about the way the siren segues into Z-cars that proper gets the spine tingling.

Will be a big improvement without doubt, but very few clubs have particularly improved performance on the pitch because of a new stadium.
I’m not sure going from the 10th biggest capacity in the Prem to the 7th is necessarily going to propel us that far?
But few clubs have moved into something this special, and it's not so much about capacity. All things considered, we will be going from about the 15th best stadium in the Premier League to the 1st, not to mention we will suddenly have a vastly supior stadium to that lot across the park. I think this will all feed into how we act as a club and a fanbase from now on.

Boxing
Euros
Shows (comedians)

I have also heard that they want the bars and restaurants to be open 7 days a week, so people can use them whenever

Weddings, christenings, Holy Communions, bar mitzvahs, union meetings, school reunions, historical societies, film nights, car rallies, motor cycle rallies, scooter rallies, Northern Soul conventions, Tupperware nights, witches covens, sado masochists conventions (hang on, we already do that one). Missed any out?

I thought I read that they were only staying open for an hour during match days? I could be wrong though
I might be wrong but I think that hour after the match thing is when the free drinks finish for some of the posh seats. I can't see them chucking fans out in a hurry who want to spend their money after a match. Why would they?