Match Thread Everton 1-0 Brentford - Pre-match chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Never heard this before in my life and it appears twice within a page of each other.

Surely this isn’t an actual thing people say?

From the proverb "After the Lord Mayor's show comes the dust-cart" (or "donkey-cart", or "[Poor language removed]-cart"). Bringing up the rear of the Lord Mayor's Show is a team to clean the manure of the pageant's horses.

Everton, providing your [Poor language removed] cart since 1878

Gomes is just so slow, and we're not dominating possession, so I doubt that change will happen, more likely Onana for Garner
The game will slow second half though. Gomes might hand Chermiti a chance to race through onto something decent put in front of him. Taking Garner off won't disrupt us at all.

Chermitti looking good and confident, wonder if we get to see Keane up top for the last 5/10 mins, mentioned so many times but we’ve never really got to see it. Love to see it, purely curiosity and especially if we’re in the lead …
We have - last season against Wolves I believe, in the game Mina scored - I think even the assist was from him playing up top lol

Looks like 90% of the garbage we’ve been served up this season
It's a bit like that.

Generally accept that this team is better suited to counter attacking, all wins came from less possession than 50%, but yeah we had 8x equal or more possession and won 2 points in it. Shows Dyche's style, but also player ability.