Was Alan Brazil Right All Along?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't care what Moyes does yes we should have got him back when we got Carlo instead but it's time to move on. He's doing a good job at West ham but they will hit a wall no point pining over former players or managers.

He didn't and neither will David Moyes. The man has been a manager half his life. He's 63 and won nothing. He's not a winner. He's a good manager who will get you close when the stars align but he is not a manager who gets you across the finish line.

I've got news for you, we are a club in disarray, we're not challenges, we won't be winning anything any time soon

We needed a manager to come in and make us competitive again, Moyes was the obvious pick

He didn't and neither will David Moyes. The man has been a manager half his life. He's 63 and won nothing. He's not a winner. He's a good manager who will get you close when the stars align but he is not a manager who gets you across the finish line.
Think that hits the nail on the head. Just looked at the LMA website for other members of the ‘1000 club’, even the Steve Bruce’s and Dave Bassetts managed to win promotions from the lower leagues at least.

Obviously he’s still got a chance and may go on to win a cup at WHU, but I expect the owners there will self sabotage themselves before he get chance as the always seem to find away to shoot themselves in the foot.

I've got news for you, we are a club in disarray, we're not challenges, we won't be winning anything any time soon

We needed a manager to come in and make us competitive again, Moyes was the obvious pick
I'm not changing your mind and you are not changing mine. There is no quick fix to Everton's problems and I do not think any manager can get this squad challenging for anything this season. And my personal end goal is to win something, not challenge and get a trophy of participation. First is first and second is just the first loser.

Even that beetroot faced font of nonsense can drink drive his car into a lamp post if truth on occasion.

Moyes is 58. I know people like to round ages up but five years is a bit of a stretch.

think Brazil is a bit of a blert, but said all along that I would have taken Moyes back. A lot to be said about certain managers just fitting certain places. Eddie Howe at Bournemouth and chancing his arm at burnley being one such example.
The biggest blert in blertsville but he was a decent footballer.
The Moes bus has gone, don't think he would leave what he has built with the hammers to try and unravel our mess of a club.

Top 4 finish

Cup finals

European football multiple times

Are you wiping from history him having hardly any transfer budget, working under Kenwright and having us battling for top 6 you think thats not worthy of praise

We'd be throwing parties getting a top 6 finish now and we've spent 500m +

Remind me again on how many trophies did we win with Moist in charge?

The Premier League is totally different now to what it was when Moist was around

Would he have done a better job than others, who knows and hopefully we never know as Moyes and Everton have moved on, he is having a good season so far but wheels fall off with injuries plus he has the dildo brothers as management.

Suppose you would have Fat Sam back too as we finished 8th with him in charge?

We were relegation candidates when Moyes came in. No one dreamt of winning trophies then - only dreamt of staying up. It was Moyes overachieving every year without a pot to piss in that allowed us to start thinking of trophies again. Cup final, european nights in the Europa league, champions league finishing above the rs, . Moyes and moshiris money we'd be winning trophies and playing champions league instead of hiring a kopite whose skin Moyes constantly got under again with no money. 1 moyes =20 Benitez's

another moyes thread?
“Sean Dyche, Eddie Howe, Chris Wilder – why would any of them want to go to Everton? Why would they want to leave where they are at the moment?" ???
dry your eyes davie lovers,hes not coming back,hes gone forever!
im more shocked brazil is still alive!

Hindsight huh? Remember, at the time Moyes had had an underwhelming spell at United, a dreadful spell in Spain with Sociedad, and was even worse at Sunderland. His first tenure at West Ham saw him win less than 30% of his games and his 6 month contract not be renewed. If anyone can realistically say that given his record after leaving us that he was on an upward trajectory in his career and not on a seemingly downward spiral into oblivion then they're a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.