New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think on it, the more I think we should give it to Ferguson and let him work with Brands. He's a big enough character that he wouldn't get walked over like Martinez and Silva did, and I think he would suit us.

If we insist on going for a big name, I'd go for Benitez.

Not inspired or convinced by any of the other options, and tbh, after what Carlo just did, I'd be hesitant going for another big name on big money, as they will have 1 eye on the next job.

Nuno finished like 14th with an immensely expensive squad last season, Howe got Bournemouth relegated, Moyes has had one good season in about 8 years, Benitez called us tinpot, and there’s not a chance in hell Conte would come here.

I’m not suggesting we actually bring Martinez back, I’m just saying that he’s better than the line up of crabs we have in consideration
Untrue. He had got 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th for about 7 or 8 seasons with no money.

All of Moshiri's hires were current or ex-PL

I think he'll maintain that pattern this time round.

As with players, we can't really seem to extend to scouting in-work managers at continental clubs.

It fits with Everton in many ways, but more like Everton in the Country rather than In The Community.
I’m glad we got Moshiri and love his ambition and the new ground. But if he’s constantly got to medal in managerial and player decisions. I hope he sells up when the grounds built.

And we can get professionals in the run the club properly. And let football people run the football. It’s amateur hour again from the Everton board. What’s the point of Marcel Brands

I imagine with the Ancelotti appointment Brands had someone lined up and then Moshiri said "we can get Ancelotti" to which Brands said "Oh, yeah OK then". Nobody was knocking that back at the time.

Possibly.

Moyes would have already been appointed if it was prior Brands and just Kenwright/Moshiri.

Did say at the time we were very lucky Ancelotti was sacked - when we finally decided to belatedly sack Silva, Ancelotti was still in a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.