Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.

That club statement is a big error in terms of a proportional response.

Everyone was disappointed the game couldn't have gone ahead. However, this is a pandemic and all bets are off when a club is being affected to such an extent that it will also likely represent a danger to Everton players too.

It is lacking in class to demand "full disclosure" in such a public manner. If they wanted full disclosure they should have kept that as part of a dialogue with the PL and City.

I'm actually shocked and not a little bit ashamed by that EFC statement.
He found an angle. That brain of yours Dave. Always ticking.

It makes Everton look like a Victorian villain - unmoved by suffering.

That statement is 'kin outrageous IMO.

If LFC had made it you can be 100% certain the majority on here would be deriding and condemning it.

Big mistake that public statement. I dont think there'll be too many won over to our cause when hundreds of people per day are dying of that virus in this country alone and Manchester and its environs are right in the thick of it. The club (and whichever individual it was should make themselves known) have let petty football matters get the better of them because they felt they should 'speak up' for the fans.

Nobheads.
We have no problem with them not wanting to play. We are just looko.g for our 3 points we showed up for. And Man City decided in the very last minute to not show up. Disgrace by Man City if you ask me. They needed to forfeit early and let us have the points. Putting peoples lifes at risk letting Everton work and organise until the past minute when it didn't matter. How many people have risked covid in preparation.

The "funny" thing is with Dave whinging about the club statement, look at Sheffield Utd. They have the same number of cases City have supposedly and they are being made to play their game.

CONSISTENCY
If it's true, it highlights how certain clubs either have more weight in the decision making process or the PL openly choose to favour some clubs over others.

It may be both.

We have no problem with them not wanting to play. We are just looko.g for our 3 points we showed up for. And Man City decided in the very last minute to not show up. Disgrace by Man City if you ask me. They needed to forfeit early and let us have the points. Putting peoples lifes at risk letting Everton work and organise until the past minute when it didn't matter. How many people have risked covid in preparation.
That's a PL matter. You assume City were tardy in bringing the situation to the notice of the PL - why?

And the PL cant be awarding points to one club at the expense of another when the issue is a rampant Covid19 outbreak in one of their camps.

I understand football tribalism, and I'm as tribal as anyone. But that club statement of ours was tetchy and irate and had no feel for the situation. It wont have done us any favours.

It is what it is: a sport going through the worst of a pandemic. The usual PL schedule has forced the issue and the wheels have come off - and now it looks like it'll be off the road for a few weeks.

There's not much more to it than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.