Everton 1-4 Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! That one. It looks like he was clipped by the defender when watching it live but if you watch the replay, he wasn't even touched.

As for the Neville dive...it's early in the game where he comitted the worse dive of the season and came back up embarrassed. You can see it when he walked away as he got the yellow card.

I'll try to find replays of both incidents since you guys apparently turn a blind eye when it comes to disgraceful acts by your own team.

Well, didn't see the Neville one then but sorry he is not exactly been brought up by the Everton Academy, you want to blame his dive then direct your question to Man Utd and any other coach which teach there player to dive!

I like it when people make stupid comment, yes, there was no contact on Arteta from your defender, but a tackle comes in this strong if he don't jump out the way he would be hurt badly and he make a late escape and off balance so he fall on the ground, it is still a foul.

Consistency is perhaps the greatest factor in being the best. It's what separates the top four from the rest.

Consistency is certainly what it takes to be Champion, but you haven't won it this year yet, have you?

Well, it certainly what keeping you 4 at the top for sometime but we have already prove any other good team in Premier League could too finish in the Top 4.

Well, didn't see the Neville one then but sorry he is not exactly been brought up by the Everton Academy, you want to blame his dive then direct your question to Man Utd and any other coach which teach there player to dive!

I like it when people make stupid comment, yes, there was no contact on Arteta from your defender, but a tackle comes in this strong if he don't jump out the way he would be hurt badly and he make a late escape and off balance so he fall on the ground, it is still a foul.

Consistency is certainly what it takes to be Champion, but you haven't won it this year yet, have you?

Well, it certainly what keeping you 4 at the top for sometime but we have already prove any other good team in Premier League could too finish in the Top 4.

Maybe everyone should just start using that excuse to justify dives, eh? ;)

Maybe everyone should just start using that excuse to justify dives, eh? ;)

Well, there is a difference first that one is just a foul outside the box, second your player fly in with a dangerous tackle and thirdly Arteta has beaten his man and he was stop from providing or scoring in a good position, a perfectly entitle to a free-kick.

Did you happen to come across our recent derby match? When Gerrard dive for a PK and he wasn't even in the area, that's a dive.

I heard the commentator saying it was a dive but it really didnt look like it to me. As for Neville, I didnt see his dive so no comment.

Anyone remember that clever little move by Yobo before putting in a cross, that was a class act!

I'm sorry but are Everton fans really this biased?

Am I the only one that saw the clear Neville and Arteta dives? :oops:

dont be sorry, just [Poor language removed] off.

ironic mentioning bias, maybe reconsider the display from the referee.

all summed up.

neville had to hit the target when we carved them open first half.

yakubu had to get a shot on when he had put a fine move on toure and got clear through

yakubu had to get that header on target

there was another header that should have been put away, cant remember who it was.

as usual against the so called top four, the referee cost us, and cost us dear. can you believe there are arsenal fans saying bendtner only deserved a yellow for the stamp on johnson. also some are saying arteta fully deserved a red for an accumulation of elbows.

its so called fans like this that make me want to reconsider my evaluation of the myopic spurs fans.

we didnt have to score any of those chances, our defense had to concentrate and not make silly fuckups which was all that happened

my honest opinion is that arteta (twice) , neville and yobo all tried to cheat the ref by diving. what cheesed me off is that they were all in good positions and just not necassary.

i hate it and would have felt a bit ashamed of my team if we went on to win it by conning the ref.

the everton i have always supported plays with honesty , in the spirit of good sportsmanship , and a hell of a lot of heart and effort.

cheating crap like that should be left to the gerrards and ronaldos of the world , and not lower the standards of our great club.

i hope moyes points this out to the squad , that we want to win games by being the better team , not the best cheats.

ps ....... imo arsenal were cheating even worse than everton , the ref let so many trailing leg fouls go it was untrue , showing studs aswell , feining injury to get players sent off , and 2 goals from handballs........ oh , and the biggest sickner was arteta being sent off for an elbow even though arteta got elbowed in the face 3 times himself. fabregas , clichy and toure i believe were the culprits.

they only made one though, the third. the fourth goal was a crisp arsenal move, but the game was over and heads were down.

Spare a thought for me, lads. Paid for Setanta just for the Utd and Arse games. I forgot I had a birthday do (my own) to go to on the 23rd so listened to the Utd game in the car on the way. Worse still, I also forgot about another do in Barnet yesterday and ended up watching the game in a pub full of Arsenal fans! :angry:

Horrible prick Fabregas.

horrible horrible horrible [Poor language removed] arsenal.

[Poor language removed] off Arsenal, we deserved it.

I'm not sure if Neville dived. I think he was just anticipating a nasty tackle.

Arteta dived a couple times, maybe he was trying to impress Aragones. The one on the edge of the box was pretty stupid because he would have gotten the foul only hammed it up so much at Atkinson didn't call it.

The sending off of Arteta was a terrible call. The ref was letting that crap go the whole match.

I'm just going to forget this match ever happened.

Don't remember Neville's but I'll say that Arteta's dive on the byline was one of the more embarassing incidents.

As they were showing the replay, it was absolutely clear that no contact was made with Arteta and he flopped. The commentators said as much.

One of the blights on football right now is simulation. Out and out cheating.

Arteta embarassed himself with that one and if he's not careful, could get the dreaded "diver" label.

To his credit, most of the fouls that Arteta "engineers" are due to good positioning and anticipating contact.

But on that one, he just flat out fell over with no contact at all.

Embarassing.

One other note. I've seen several good comments about the lack of class we have vs. the big three. No arguement here and in fact, that's why I've been pounding the table to see us go get Fernandes or a player like him. We need that one more creative player in the midfield and the Arsenal game illustrated it in spades.

If there was contact then Arteta is going to be hurt Bill, what's the point of him diving not in the area no PK, tight angle for free-kick and he beat his man, no contact does not mean no foul!

Let not talk any more on it, I have had enough of discussion on it and end of the day we lost a game!

On a brighter note, Man City drew with RS, so things hasn't turn that badly just yet, but Middlesbrough is a must win if we are to keep up with the pace!

My problem with this whole thing, is that if Arteta is going to get hurt, why doesn't he just hop the foot. Football players go down if a gust of wind hits them wrong. Just look at rugby players who stay up at all cost.

I know what it is like playing, and professional football players are just a bunch of bitches.

That said, the [Poor language removed] that Bendter pulled is unacceptable. That should have been a straight red.

Status
Not open for further replies.