Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard he wants 3 years so the question is would you want him at 35. I'd think about two, that third is a no for me and I believe also a no for Chelsea.
A very expensive punt. Let's not
Can't really dispute the age argument, but he doesn't look leggy whatsoever.

He left de Bruyne for dust on his way to setting up Chelsea's winner on Thursday.

As in Aaron Ramsey? The goal scoring midfielder who doesn't really score goals and is on £400k/week wages Ramsey?

His minutes to goals ratio has been decent enough in a foreign league where Ronaldo isn't bagging half as many as he did in Spain. His wages are only that high as he was on a free. So the 21 million it has cost Juve, they will get that back in a transfer fee and Ramsey will know he will have to take a pay cut if he wants to play.

This is why we can't have nice things if we turn our noses up at someone like Ramsey. He would instantly transform our midfield. There is a doubt injury wise with him but when we signed Reid and Gray in the 80's that was a similar risk.

Barca have like 8 good players so Fati won't be leaving
Oh, its unlikely, but the fact that hes 17, and Barca have so few good players is the very reason he is quite possible to go on loan and we would be a great destination. He hasnt had much gametime, and to get back to dominance they need someone ready to dominate now, not 2 years from now, but they need to develop him in the meantime. Besides, they are bound to loan us SOMEONE this window.

His minutes to goals ratio has been decent enough in a foreign league where Ronaldo isn't bagging half as many as he did in Spain. His wages are only that high as he was on a free. So the 21 million it has cost Juve, they will get that back in a transfer fee and Ramsey will know he will have to take a pay cut if he wants to play.

This is why we can't have nice things if we turn our noses up at someone like Ramsey. He would instantly transform our midfield. There is a doubt injury wise with him but when we signed Reid and Gray in the 80's that was a similar risk.

you would honestly expect Ramsey to take a 250-300k a week pay cut?

...I think it was a different game in the 80s and the likes of Reid and Gray were very special characters. Suggesting Ramsey has the same ‘die for the cause’ attitude is stretching it a little. He saw his contract out to make big bucks.

Ronaldo is older now than he was in Spain, still 44 goals in 55 games isn’t to be sniffed at for a 35 year old. He is incredible.

Last edited:

...I think it was a different game in the 80s and the likes of Reid and Gray were very special characters. Suggesting Ramsey has the same ‘die for the cause’ attitude is stretching it a little. He saw his contract out to make big bucks.

Ronaldo is older now than he was in Spain, still 44 goals in 55 games isn’t to be sniffed at for a 35 year old. He is incredible.

I think you have underestimated his character eggs. Very, very few players have a 'die for the cause' attitude nowadays, but you could see from his time at Arsenal that he did care. He played a big part in winning their last two cups, could have easily phoned in his last season when Emery thought he would just have Ozil instead - by the end he knew he made a mistake and Ramsey's injury probably killed the hope of them lifting the Europa, which he was a big part of helping them get to the final.

He is also been a passionate captain of Wales. What you need is someone to get the best out of him and that isn't easy with a mid table club going for no trophies - which is what we will always be if we don't pick up world class players when they are available. Too bad we don't have a brilliant manager to try and do that eh? :)

It is all moot anyhow as he wil move to a top club as he won't be short of offers.

He saw his contract out to make big bucks.

Sorry missed this bit, he wanted to stay but Arsenal were offering 100k less than what their highest player was earning despite returning less. Emery then removed that contract offer he did have on the table basically sealing a move away.

I'll agree with you that Ronaldo is incredible. His league goals are in the 20's though when it was usually in the 40's in Spain. It is a harder country to score in.

We have been a retirement home for over the hill players for too long. Hopefully Fabian Delph will have been the last.

Most players reach a stage in their career when they have achieved everything they wanted or reached a point where they realise they never will.
They reach a point where they can settle for a team that is middle of the road where they get well paid and can coast towards retirement.

We need hungry players whose best days are in front of them and not behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.