Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balancing FFP doesn't involve throwing 30m at a player who all the evidence suggests he is very much on the way down talent-wise.
Really, he seems to be getting game time for Lampard in a very exciting team with lots of available attacking options. Not saying he’d be my first choice but if we need to be creative I’d rather see whatever money we have invested in the middle;)

Really, he seems to be getting game time for Lampard in a very exciting team with lots of available attacking options. Not saying he’d be my first choice but if we need to be creative I’d rather see whatever money we have invested in the middle;)

Hes a very talented player, but he's 32 in the Summer and he's gone AWOL for half of this season.

Would depend on what wages he would want.

Hes a very talented player, but he's 32 in the Summer and he's gone AWOL for half of this season.

Would depend on what wages he would want.
I think 32 is to old to be given long contracts to. Even on a free. I’d imagine he would want 3yrs and on big wages. If he falls off a cliff after one season or starts getting injuries, that’s a lot of money wasted.

I think I would only consider that age, if it was a back up on cheap wages. Like a keeper fir a couple of seasons.

He’s still a very Good player though, when he wants to be.

Have they even announced when the ‘summer’ transfer window will officially open?

Its open all year round.

1st July is when transfers already made, like Ziyech for Chelsea become official.

Other transfer like the Arthur deal today will become official once the Spanish/Italian season ends.

But the registration window certainly wont open till after the season ends.

I'd be very tempted to take a punt on Willian, even at 32.

As an older head in the dressing room, I think he'd be more Moutinho at Wolves than Delph.

He's probably going to have a lot of offers on the table, though.

I'd be very tempted to take a punt on Willian, even at 32.

As an older head in the dressing room, I think he'd be more Moutinho at Wolves than Delph.

He's probably going to have a lot of offers on the table, though.
I've heard he wants 3 years so the question is would you want him at 35. I'd think about two, that third is a no for me and I believe also a no for Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.