Sportpesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news as long as the new sponsors are a world brand to open more promotion of the club :) If its NEC it will be very rectro vintage to our old days when we were 1 of the top dogs in league ;-) Any of Usmanovs companies will be great too and of course you ll see the spo,sorship fee will be more than Sportspesa

Wouldnt shock me if it was a USM package deal of say £20 million for both main shirt and sleeve sponser.

Something like Megafon on the shirt and Metalloinvest on the sleeve or vice versa.

I think its a fantastic and positive move and gets rid of any FFP issues.

The only negative I suppose will be, all them families and kids who have bought new kits last summer, now have to fork out for more new kits just a year later. It doesn't personally affect myself, but I know of many others that find £50 hard to find and kits these days are lasting less than a year

There must be something in the rumours that Sportpesa, I believe due to government investigation in Kenya, are up the creek without a paddle.

They based themselves in Liverpool, it may have even been directly in the Liver Building, so being the sponsor of Everton was a major part of their expansion strategy so the fact the have mutually agreed to end this partnership too probably means they are in a very difficult position.

Not that I'm remotely bothered like, they were a dreadful organisation to be associated with, taking the mick out of on social media when we're getting beat is obviously not going to endear them to any Everton fan - not to mention some of the more darker allegations that have been levelled at them.

They could have learned something from the Angry Birds! Despite how their logo looks on our sleave at least they understand what being a sponsor entails.

I think its a fantastic and positive move and gets rid of any FFP issues.

The only negative I suppose will be, all them families and kids who have bought new kits last summer, now have to fork out for more new kits just a year later. It doesn't personally affect myself, but I know of many others that find £50 hard to find and kits these days are lasting less than a year

Totally agree with your first point, it is a huge slice of luck that we have got rid of them just 2 years into the deal and are free to pursue more lucrative options.

As far as the kit is concerned though, they change every season even if the sponsor is retained. Its an absolute rip off like but that's the way it is at every club unfortunately.

Totally agree with your first point, it is a huge slice of luck that we have got rid of them just 2 years into the deal and are free to pursue more lucrative options.

As far as the kit is concerned though, they change every season even if the sponsor is retained. Its an absolute rip off like but that's the way it is at every club unfortunately.

kids kits never had sportpesa on anyway

Ever since Sportspesa became our shirt sponsor me and my lad have stopped watching us play. My lad wasn’t happy at first but after educating him a little bit on the perils of gambling he stood silent for a few moments before looking up at me, his eyes full of tears he said in a trembling voice;

“But Dad, why would the people’s club partner with such an abhorrent organisation that is partially responsible for ruining so many lives?” He just couldn’t get his little head around it, and damn it, neither could I.

“I don’t know son, I just don’t know”

He was jubilant last night when he saw the news. I have raised him well.
You just know that someone somewhere has said this lol

It tastes a lot better in Thailand.

God knows how they got it to taste as bad as they did in Goodison.
The Thai stuff is a totally different beer. Still crappy IMO, give me a BeerLao or Singha or even Leo anyday, but nowhere near as bad as the stuff they used to serve at Goodison.

BeerLao is the one though. Best Asian beer there is.

Glad to see the back of SportPesa though, they've been a total embarrassment of a sponsor.

Wouldnt shock me if it was a USM package deal of say £20 million for both main shirt and sleeve sponser.

Something like Megafon on the shirt and Metalloinvest on the sleeve or vice versa.

I think you're probably about right with 20m. Not sure how sponsorship is priced, but can imagine a big chunk is based on shirt sales, which we know is not our strongest suit. Hence why parity with Chelsea etc. could be seen as fanciful...

Hopefully we can get sponsored by an Usmanov shell corporation, lash a load of money at ourselves and pay for a creative accountant so we can flippantly get round our current FFP situation oh wait hang on...

I don't get why we have to settle for anything less than £5/10m below what Spurs are getting, we were reguarly finishing above them a few years ago and they've only won the league twice. They may be getting into Europe reguarly now but with a few good additions and Carlo at the wheel, so will we. If the money comes from an outside source like NEC, I can't see a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.