Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@mkrudden Krudds will you be giving our new Ginger overlord your seal of approval?
Support? Absolutely my friend.
I am a purist though, unapologetically so. I think Dyche needs to play far better football than Burnley do and he will have the chance to do that with better players and a bigger budget with us.
I want Everton to win but I want us to win by having the football more often than not.
If going to Dyche means we are back with Moyes-like football (1st ball long, play from there), I see the same glass ceiling we had under him.
He definitely gets my support though. In two years I'll probably be one of the last ones on here suggesting he needs more time, much like with RM and Koeman!
What about you SD? Happy if it's Dyche?

We don’t have any idea how he will play with better players (although even that seems questionable given how poor our squad is).

It seems that we can get a pragmatist who will play in whatever way necessary to get results with a poor bunch of players or we can have a dreamer trying to play Barcelona football with this group of surrener prone cowards. Everton fans seemingly like the idea of the latter more than the former though (how quickly the dark days of Martinez have been forgotten).

What is needed are some solid results, a return to basics, confidence restoring then slowly but surely flair being reintroduced. Dyche may well be capable of this, we have no idea.

What I do find bizarre is that for foreign defensive managers like Silva, AVB, Mancini their style of football is not held against them, yet a Moyes Allardyce or Dyche is reviled as a dinosaur. Look at the football Mourinho is playing, look at what Benitez is playing, look at what Conte plays. It is all defence first. Yet Everton fans are apparently too purist for this. I half hope we get Martinez back just to shut up some of this ridiculous idealism.

Some great points well made

We don’t have any idea how he will play with better players (although even that seems questionable given how poor our squad is).

It seems that we can get a pragmatist who will play in whatever way necessary to get results with a poor bunch of players or we can have a dreamer trying to play Barcelona football with this group of surrener prone cowards. Everton fans seemingly like the idea of the latter more than the former though (how quickly the dark days of Martinez have been forgotten).

What is needed are some solid results, a return to basics, confidence restoring then slowly but surely flair being reintroduced. Dyche may well be capable of this, we have no idea.

What I do find bizarre is that for foreign defensive managers like Silva, AVB, Mancini their style of football is not held against them, yet a Moyes Allardyce or Dyche is reviled as a dinosaur. Look at the football Mourinho is playing, look at what Benitez is playing, look at what Conte plays. It is all defence first. Yet Everton fans are apparently too purist for this. I half hope we get Martinez back just to shut up some of this ridiculous idealism.

Spot on.

Maybe they prefer to remember the bright days of that period and want the club to remain committed to playing football rather than retreating to a long ball game?

An entirely reasonable viewpoint IMO.

The maddening thing about it is, in his first season at least, we played like that with Martinez as well for almost all our best performances.

Moyes throwing his hat into the ring.

Don’t disagree with anything he’s said there. Not sure he’s welcome at Goody personally. He has shown his capabilities at other clubs and massively been shown up. I work that Billy will use his heart instead of his head in this instance - it’s a no from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.