Still want a takeover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw Elstone earlier . Shirt open to the navel , walking past Goodison Rd ticket booths on mobile , a la Dom Joly -
" Hello !! I'm on the PHONE !!! "
L-l-l-ladies man . Grrrrr .
Weapon .

Yes I would still like a take over of investment. Granted you have the likes of pompey and liverpool. But then you have Sunderland, Aston Villa, Spurs, Arsenal. All have money readily available if their manager wants it.

He was hugely successful from my point of view Goat:p

I must have missed that Arsenal takeover and i would take a closer look at Villas books before declaring them a success.

I think Martin O Neill said it best when he said:

"We are not looking at players at this minute because we have to sell. Do I have to sell to buy? We wouldn't be the only club in that position.'' Jan 10.

Grass is always greener isnt it!

I must have missed that Arsenal takeover and i would take a closer look at Villas books before declaring them a success.

I think Martin O Neill said it best when he said:

"We are not looking at players at this minute because we have to sell. Do I have to sell to buy? We wouldn't be the only club in that position.'' Jan 10.

Grass is always greener isnt it!

My point with Arsenal is that Wenger has money available to him. Aston Villa most likely spent most of the money the Chairman gave to them for the season in the summer. They have spent quite a bit the past two seasons, so if Randy is not giving them as much to spend this year, it is a smart move, not lacking money.Randy actually has money to give to his club to invest in the squad. Kenwright, as much as I love the guy, does not.

My point with Arsenal is that Wenger has money available to him. Aston Villa most likely spent most of the money the Chairman gave to them for the season in the summer. They have spent quite a bit the past two seasons, so if Randy is not giving them as much to spend this year, it is a smart move, not lacking money.Randy actually has money to give to his club to invest in the squad. Kenwright, as much as I love the guy, does not.

Very true he has money available through the natrual growth of the club and infrastructure, under a board who have been there for Donkeys years and have gradually grew the club.

As for Villa i think a close inspection of the debt they have occured which was nil when Learner took over, is now £73 mill on last seasons figues so giving may be the wrong adjetive, which happens to be approaching more then double Evertons debt by the way.

Last edited:
Very true he has money available through the natrual growth of the club and infrastructure, under a board who have been there for Donkeys years and have gradually grew the club.

As for Villa i think a close inspection of the debt they have occured which was nil when Learner took over, is now £73 mill on last seasons figues so giving may be the wrong adjetive, which happens to be approaching double Evertons.

Heh, who'd thought eh?

You do wonder when this football bubble will burst.

BK is much maligned for not selling on numerous occasions. I personally feel that he will have been right not to sell. I would prefer to be going the way we are than to all of a sudden have loads of cash and every mercenary player suddenly wanting to line their pockets at EFC. At the moment we all know where we stand, not much cash but if the situation calls for it the cash is found....eventually. I am as frustrated with the lack of large deals we do like anyone but i feel safer with BK in charge(even with all his annoying faults) than with someone who uses us as his play thing then loses interest and we find out that he never had the money in the first place!

If you want a takeover, then Villa is the example to follow.

An owner who supports his manager, stays out of the way, and provides financing when needed.

By the same token, O'Neill doesn't go out and spend hog wild. I think Moyes would be just as shrewd with a 50M transfer warchest as he would be with a 10M transfer kitty (notice I didn't say warchest there).

It would be interesting to have a list of every 'takeover' since 2003 (Abramovich).

Just how many would have taken the club forward?

Here's a selection:

FAILURES
RS - clearly not - and still looking for more mugs to fill the coffers

Man U - clearly not judging by level of debt - price of tickets etc.

Toon - mainly cos Ashley took on a serious debt problem and poor internal management / poor transfer and player management etc.

Portsmouth - from one crisis to another (see also Mandaric)!

Leeds (and anyone Risdale has been involved in)

QPR - one almighty mess

West Ham - an Icelandic mess

Other [Poor language removed] ups - Southampton, Luton, Brighton, Wimbledon, Carlisle (Knighton), Exeter (with Uri Geller and Michael Jackson on board), Chester, Gretna and Rushden (once the money ran out).. to name but a few

JURY OUT
Citteh - Thai Conman - NO! - Sheikh Yabooty - Jury out (seriously destabilising PL / Wage structures etc.) - but at LEAST they are giving the so-called Big 4 a financial headache or two - levelling the (real) playing field in a way few might have predicted

SUCCESS (?)
Chavs - Success (at a price) - possibility of serious problems if Roman throws his toys out with the pram

SUCCESS
Villa - seemingly a benevolent non-interfering owner
Sunderland - another non-interfering owner

Stoke amongst those who are well financially managed

Previous SUCCESSES
Everton - John Moores but NOT Peter Johnson
Blackburn - Jack Walker
Arsenal - Hill-Woods and others (right up to today a sensibly run club.)

Last edited:
I'd like to point out that while you've said United was a bad deal, since the takeover they've won the league at least 3 times, and won the Champions League as well.

Someone who is willing to invest Money in the club,Sit back and put a replacement in place of Bullshit Billy,This would be the way to go.There is plenty of Top level Directors out there who run Multi million Pound companys.

Status
Not open for further replies.