ROONEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been easily the best england player at the euros.
Popping up all over the pitch.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat, and I'd give him the armband.

Absolutely agree. He'd bring a winner's mentality and experience to a club he loves in his heart. He's 30 and I'd rather get him back now while he can contribute a couple more prime seasons as a playmaker than at 34 or 35 when he's little more than on a farewell tour or has one foot in the MLS.

If he didn't previously play for us, would you accept Everton buying a forward who is noticeably on the decline? At the moment he's playing in a withdrawn role for England, would he be found wanting if he played the same position in the Premier League? I think he would, so it's a no for me.

In his new deep-lying role I think he'd be ideal for us. I've been very impressed with his range of passing since he's moved to that position, as it's a talent which he had less chance to show off when a striker

No, he's an unremarkable player these days. He'd cost an absolute fortune which would be better spent elsewhere.

In his new deep-lying role I think he'd be ideal for us. I've been very impressed with his range of passing since he's moved to that position, as it's a talent which he had less chance to show off when a striker

He models himself on Scholes these days, but is far inferior to Scholes. He hasn't had any impact on England's two games so far against two very average sides.

Lol you're having a giraffe right?

Best English player in our generation and head and shoulders above any player we have now..

Rooney is still a darn good footballer. When he first broke into the first team the crowd would get to their feet whenever he got the ball as he was likely to do something special. Fergie soon coached that out of him. Not that it is up to me, obviously, but I doubt he would be good value for what he would cost.......

Youre a chunky voice of reason.

Look hes a decent player, would still score goals from number 9 or number 10, hes even done alright in midfield, we could certainly do a lot worse, but we could also do a lot better. Im not convinced his name rings out as much as it should and any benefit we had with shirt sales and the like would mostly go to Kitbag.

Sure it would be a marquee signing and he would no doubt do alright for us, but hes not the player that left, hes not even the player he was 2 years ago, he started at a very early age at the highest level, for England also, hes had a highly successful career with United, but hes played 40+ games a season for 14 years now, with not a great deal of off time most Summers, at some point, very soon all that will catch up with him.

If hes going to come hes got to come now, while he still has a LOT to offer us, otherwise, swerve.

Look hes a decent player, would still score goals from number 9 or number 10, hes even done alright in midfield, we could certainly do a lot worse, but we could also do a lot better. Im not convinced his name rings out as much as it should and any benefit we had with shirt sales and the like would mostly go to Kitbag.

Sure it would be a marquee signing and he would no doubt do alright for us, but hes not the player that left, hes not even the player he was 2 years ago, he started at a very early age at the highest level, for England also, hes had a highly successful career with United, but hes played 40+ games a season for 14 years now, with not a great deal of off time most Summers, at some point, very soon all that will catch up with him.

If hes going to come hes got to come now, while he still has a LOT to offer us, otherwise, swerve.

FPP implications would be my only concern with having him back, 200k per week, thats 3 top players wages really

FPP implications would be my only concern with having him back, 200k per week, thats 3 top players wages really

I tried to avoid mentioning the money aspect, not cos I think we are filthy rich, but just that I thought I would look at it a bit differently, of course that would really be the biggest factor, no way could we justify that sort of wage.

Absolutely agree. He'd bring a winner's mentality and experience to a club he loves in his heart. He's 30 and I'd rather get him back now while he can contribute a couple more prime seasons as a playmaker than at 34 or 35 when he's little more than on a farewell tour or has one foot in the MLS.
I'd have him purely for his mentality! He would accept nothing less than 100% effort and that attitude would rub off on others. We need a leader who will get in people's faces and give them a bollocking on the pitch, think Keane, keown, shearer etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.