Not open for further replies.
Absolutely would have him back.

*Boyhood blue
*As passionate a player as I've ever seen
*Huge levels of experience
*A few years left in him, still at a quality level
*Would be brilliant with the young lads coming through
*Can play several positions

I would have wanted him at his best, but that time is over, I do not want us to be his retirement home. He doesn't deserve that from us and he can go to China for all I care.

Cracks me up that fully grown men can still hold a grudge against someone who at the age of 17/18 decided he wanted to play elite level football rather than grind it out in a relegation fight.

'oh but but he kissed the united badge in front us' - Oh my god the horror, how traumatising for you all, however did you cope ? who had been giving him verbal abuse non stop.

Id happily take him back, won't happen though.

I dont hold a grudge against him, I just dont think he deserves to play for us. I also dont think he is good enough any more personally.

We do seem to be very insular as a supporter base. There are loads of footballers out there who would provide better value for money and ability than the 2016 version of Wayne Rooney. I would prefer to get players in who want to play for us instead of players who couldnt wait to move as soon as possible. As soon as they decide they dont want to play for us then I wash my hands of them personally as there is a whole world of players out there.

Absolutely would have him back.

*Boyhood blue
*As passionate a player as I've ever seen
*Huge levels of experience
*A few years left in him, still at a quality level
*Would be brilliant with the young lads coming through
*Can play several positions

*who cares
*he isn't
*fair enough
*nope
*nah his presence would slow their progression to the first team
*nope, not anymore

I dont hold a grudge against him, I just dont think he deserves to play for us. I also dont think he is good enough any more personally.

Think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself, he would easily walk into our team at the moment... we're not some elite level team, we have Kone and Niasse as 2 of our 3 strikers...

I would prefer to get players in who want to play for us instead of players who couldnt wait to move as soon as possible.

Im fairly sure the majority of our players would want to jump ship if they were fighting relegation and the biggest club in the country and arguably the world came calling.

Last edited:
Think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself, he would easily walk into our team at the moment... we're not some elite level team, we have Kone and Niasse as 2 of our 3 strikers and a midfield featuring the likes of gibson, mccarthy, b

Im fairly sure the majority of our players would want to jump ship if they were fighting relegation and the biggest club in the country and arguably the world came calling.
And the club you play for says sorry son we've got to sell ya we're skint.

Think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself, he would easily walk into our team at the moment... we're not some elite level team, we have Kone and Niasse as 2 of our 3 strikers and a midfield featuring the likes of gibson, mccarthy, b

If only we had Moshiri at the time Rooney was with us, I'd doubt he would have left us. Alas we are a club on the up showing ambition, it's just a shame our main striker can't see it.

I don't think he's good enough. Never quite became the player he could have been. Better value elsewhere, hopefully......

I don't think he's good enough. Never quite became the player he could have been. Better value elsewhere, hopefully......

Lol you're having a giraffe right?

Best English player in our generation and head and shoulders above any player we have now..

Status
Not open for further replies.