ROONEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, finished as a top level striker and is nothing special in midfield. Purely sentimental idea

I think he's brilliant at centre mid and will only get better there. Bossed it against us in the semi and then again in the final and been impressive there for England too.

I think he's brilliant at centre mid and will only get better there. Bossed it against us in the semi and then again in the final and been impressive there for England too.
Hes not played against any quality in there, gets caught in possession a fair bit aswell. Just for the fee and wages, hes not worth it imo.

His chance was a few years ago when he couldve come on a free

Oh please no. It'd be a PR move and nothing more. For purely football reasons it doesnt make sense.

He'll surely want to beat Charlton's goal scoring record, so that alone says it's a no goer for me.
This. Mourinho is a big fan he wanted him at Chelsea with five goals to tie and six to edge Bobby Charlton. It won't be this year. But once he eclipses that I would welcome him. He is playing deeper and deeper which would suit us. Let's watch it all play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.