Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Leicester winning the title will help speed up matters. Had our game there on Saturday mattered in terms of the Leicester/Spurs outcome then we were never going to turn up with a caretaker boss and face scrutiny from the world's media wondering if our turmoil would help Leicester to an easy win. Not a problem now and no one would begrudge us making the decision this week.

I don't think anyone knows whether he is staying or going, as with the takeover (or whatever it is) no-one knew about it until it was in the papers, you hear very little if anything getting leaked out of the club over the last few years.

I wonder if Leicester winning the title will help speed up matters. Had our game there on Saturday mattered in terms of the Leicester/Spurs outcome then we were never going to turn up with a caretaker boss and face scrutiny from the world's media wondering if our turmoil would help Leicester to an easy win. Not a problem now and no one would begrudge us making the decision this week.

but we have 2 of the bottom 3 to play now. dont think they could logically think the title race is more important than the relegation battle.

I'f the board decide to keep him for next season then I would support that decision and give him a chance.

Yip.

It is all any of us could, indeed should, be doing.

If the board sticks by him then come August it will be a clean slate for Roberto in my eyes.

Please don't screw up your second chance, Bobby.

That's true, however anyone watching on tv or streams gets nowhere near the full picture of how a game is played tactically. This can only be achieved by attending the game.

I totally agree with that. Which is why I always take more notice of regular match goers on stuff like that.

But not being able to get to a match does not make you a lesser fan. Just one who cant.

Wasn't it Archie Knox forced Michael and big Dickie Dunne out the club because they were caught laughing on the coach back from an away defeat or sommat?

Yes, it was the league cup defeat at Coventry, 0-3 if memory serves. They were both kicked off the coach too, if I recall. Knox was very much of the "old school" and didn't suffer fools.

That's true, however anyone watching on tv or streams gets nowhere near the full picture of how a game is played tactically. This can only be achieved by attending the game.

So the uninterrupted High Definition view with instant replays, close ups, the ability to rewind, pause etc, accompanied with commentary and professional (ish) analysis does not allow a supporter to fully appreciate what is going on if they are not in the ground.

Really ????

Could speed things up you know I wonder if the shake up in our board will take a leaf out of Leicesters board

Status
Not open for further replies.