Team for the City game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meagher94

Player Valuation: £35m
Do we keep the exact same XI? A lot of people will argue never change a winning side, and you'd have every reason not to change the side since that was our best performance in a long time.

But you want your best players on the pitch against the big teams and we're at home, it's difficult to leave both Mirallas and Deulofeu on the bench.

Dropping Kone would be very harsh, and Barry, McCarthy, Barkley and Cleverley are all playing well. Who would you play?

Yarms mate. Yarms.

Imagine we got him this week. You can't keep him, Mirallas and Deulofeu all on the bench ffs.

Barry and McCarthy are nailed on, and with the form Barkley is in I think Cleverley or Kone would have to make way.

Last edited:

Howard
Coleman Stones Jagielka Oviedo
Barry
McCarthy---Barkley
Kone-----Lukaku----Mirallas
Gramted, dropping Cleverly is harsh. No disrespect to Galloway either buyt I'd pick Oviedo if he's fit enough.

We could always set up like we did against Southampton:

Howard
Coleman Stones Jagielka Oviedo
Barry
McCarthy-----Cleverly
Barkley
Kone---Lukaku​

Howard

Coleman
Stones
Jagielka
Galloway

Barry

McCarthy
Cleverley

Barkley

Koné
Lukaku

Subs:
Robles
Oviedo
Besic
Mirallas
Yarmolenko (fingers crossed)
Deulofeu
Naismith

But to be realistic:

Howard
Coleman Stones Jagielka Galloway/Oviedo
McCarthy Barry
Mirallas Barkley Cleverly
Lukaku
I actually don't mind us playing 2 DMs against City tbf because they are a stronger side.

But to be realistic:

Howard
Coleman Stones Jagielka Galloway/Oviedo
McCarthy Barry
Mirallas Barkley Cleverly
Lukaku
I actually don't mind us playing 2 DMs against City tbf because they are a stronger side.

Why wasn't your first one realistic?

Howard
Coleman - Stones - Jagielka - Oviedo
McCarthy - Barry - Cleverly
Barkley
Kone - Lukaku
If City play like today we need to flood the midfield in my opinion, can't give Toure or Silva any time on the ball. Oviedo will be needed over Galloway as he's more experienced.

Well we can try to be positive and go at them from the start. Deulofeu possibly coming in. Or play same team as yesterday and hit on the break. You never quite know with martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.