Martinez IN Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, I'm not saying he shouldn't be supported, I'm saying that personally I don't hold much sway in a manager who HAS to come in with a HUGE team behind him. I'd like to think they'd have confidence enough in their own ability. Which, oddly, BOBSY seems to have. But with that ability has to come knack to see when change is required, and that's simply not happening. And he's adamant it won't. And that's terrifying WILLO because how long do you leave it???

When he was appointed I was fine with it, knowing a bit of what he was about, but one quote alarmed me, not verbatim but along the lines of he felt he '...wasn't the man to bring WIGAN back up'. But he took them down?

You're saying 'there's nothing really wrong with the club'?!?!?! Unless I'm misreading you then I'm not sure how you can say that. The whole blame KENWRIGHT thing is bonkers, we're in the best position we've been in for years, finally seem to be getting on the ball merch/hospitality wise, we have spent money and we have the best squad that we've had for YEARS...

Yet the downturn is huge on the previous season. Yeah, I get it, there was always the chance of this, but players who played for him before seem totally unwilling/unable to perform now. Why?

Here's the thing, frankly I can't be arsed with all the palaver of change, interim and otherwise, but if he can't get these performing in the PL then there's a reason...and he has to be accountable.

I may be coming across as being pro Bobby but I am not. I never wanted him in the first place as I could see the situation we are in now coming a mile off. This begs the question that if I could see it and many others could as well then why couldn't Bill? Bill should have made the point that we have a successful style of play in place and that he would be needed to nurture that style to make it better, not rip it to bits and start again. If Bobby couldn't agree to these terms then we move onto the next man.

The fact that I had £20 on Vitor at 33/1 had no bearing on my reason for not wanting Bobby in the first place. Honest.

Yep, it is shameful, but we've got to look at it from a different perspective. We're all hurting, worried and calling for the managers head immediately, but there are no other alternatives who would take the job and guarantee us safety.

Ferguson? Never managed, even more of a gamble than sticking with Martinez.
Royle? Hasn't managed for years, not familiar with the modern game, again a bigger risk than Martinez

Taking off the anti-martinez glasses, the logical option is to keep him until the seasons out, then make a big call in the summer.
Will have to agree to disagree mate I think he has lost it.

I don't know what to think!

Seems like we can't buy a win at the minute...

I feel for him to be brutally honest, from the season we had last to this campaign! We've not been at the races all season.

Second season syndrome seems to be the case.

But on the other hand he doesn't help himself....

Tactics have been all over the gaff! Just don't understand why he won't just play 4-4-2 with Kone/Lukaku up top! That will obviously mean sacrificing Barkley (Been shocking all season) & Naisy. But by god if it means a win, then who cares?

I think the next couple of games will be crucial for him.

I'd love for him to be able to turn it around and us to find form under Martinez but I just can't see it happening.

I may be coming across as being pro Bobby but I am not. I never wanted him in the first place as I could see the situation we are in now coming a mile off. This begs the question that if I could see it and many others could as well then why couldn't Bill? Bill should have made the point that we have a successful style of play in place and that he would be needed to nurture that style to make it better, not rip it to bits and start again. If Bobby couldn't agree to these terms then we move onto the next man.

The fact that I had £20 on Vitor at 33/1 had no bearing on my reason for not wanting Bobby in the first place. Honest.

JUST BEEN SEARCHING FOR THIS...

http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/...explains-why-martinez-is-the-man-for-everton/

We've got a break of seven days to take stock. Then we start another crucial run of matches.

We've just played five matches in fourteen days. We've been successful in the Europa League, but picked up just a single point in the Premier League. What can lie behind these completely opposite performances?

Most fans wanted us to give priority to the EL. We played strong teams in both legs against Young Boys and romped home, with displays reminiscent of last season. We've played strong teams in the league too, but found it hard it to compete with PL opponents. The players looked physically and mentally exhausted when goals went in against them at Arsenal and Stoke.

I think that the expectation of succeeding in two competitions has proved too much for our resources. Martinez has felt unable to rotate his team sufficiently to offer the players any rest. Several players came back from the World Cup without a summer break. And then they face international games on top of the domestic and European programmes. We've had injuries too. It's all been too much for them.

It's ridiculous to say that Martinez can't manage. He showed that he could last season. Did he tell the players to go out and attack last season? Has he changed his instructions to forget attack this season, just keep possession? I don't think so. He has had choices, and his decisions haven't always agreed with the opinion of the fans - but they never do. I'm sure that he has made mistakes - but I don't think they have been crucial. But it's very unusual for a club to succeed in the Europa League and Premier League with a programme of Thursday/Sunday games. Chelsea were the exception, but they obviously did have the resources to succeed.

Our Premier League form is shocking. But the form of the teams below us is no better. Relegation is not yet a great threat. But does Martinez have the power to revive the players? I don't know. He must be living on his nerves - perhaps he is as exhausted as they are.

Now we face a run of four games in eleven days;
Thurs Kiev home
Sun Newcastle home
Thurs Kiev away
Sun QPR away

Do you want to continue in the Europa League? Should we field a team of reserves? Should we save the first team for the games against Newcastle and QPR? Fans clearly wanted to field the strongest team possible against Young Boys, despite the difficulties we were facing in the Premier League. I wonder if their priorities have changed.

We've got a break of seven days to take stock. Then we start another crucial run of matches.

We've just played five matches in fourteen days. We've been successful in the Europa League, but picked up just a single point in the Premier League. What can lie behind these completely opposite performances?

Most fans wanted us to give priority to the EL. We played strong teams in both legs against Young Boys and romped home, with displays reminiscent of last season. We've played strong teams in the league too, but found it hard it to compete with PL opponents. The players looked physically and mentally exhausted when goals went in against them at Arsenal and Stoke.

I think that the expectation of succeeding in two competitions has proved too much for our resources. Martinez has felt unable to rotate his team sufficiently to offer the players any rest. Several players came back from the World Cup without a summer break. And then they face international games on top of the domestic and European programmes. We've had injuries too. It's all been too much for them.

It's ridiculous to say that Martinez can't manage. He showed that he could last season. Did he tell the players to go out and attack last season? Has he changed his instructions to forget attack this season, just keep possession? I don't think so. He has had choices, and his decisions haven't always agreed with the opinion of the fans - but they never do. I'm sure that he has made mistakes - but I don't think they have been crucial. But it's very unusual for a club to succeed in the Europa League and Premier League with a programme of Thursday/Sunday games. Chelsea were the exception, but they obviously did have the resources to succeed.

Our Premier League form is shocking. But the form of the teams below us is no better. Relegation is not yet a great threat. But does Martinez have the power to revive the players? I don't know. He must be living on his nerves - perhaps he is as exhausted as they are.

Now we face a run of four games in eleven days;
Thurs Kiev home
Sun Newcastle home
Thurs Kiev away
Sun QPR away

Do you want to continue in the Europa League? Should we field a team of reserves? Should we save the first team for the games against Newcastle and QPR? Fans clearly wanted to field the strongest team possible against Young Boys, despite the difficulties we were facing in the Premier League. I wonder if their priorities have changed.

Fail to beat Newcastle and he needs to be sacked

Fail to beat Newcastle and he needs to be sacked
I would settle for looking like we could beat Newcastle whether we do it or not.
We need to either get back to the mentality we had against West Ham or play like we do in Europe.
Too many players not standing up to be counted.

I love his long term plan for the club and want to see him stay long enough to implement it.

I am prepared to take a crap season (although he is really pushing my patience to the limit) provided be gets us back on track next season. If this isn't evident before the start of the Christmas period it's time to part ways as he will have blown his chance in my eyes.

I still would though...
So if he doesn't manage to get us
relegated this season you will give him another shot at it next season?

What is this vision?

Champions league football?

You dont get rid of managers when you're in no imminent danger, 6 points above the drop and 14th with 10 to play.

You just dont. And you can be CERTAIN that is the board's p.o.v too.

Martinez IN...and staying IN.

No imminent danger?

Look at the fixtures and point out the next match we will get something from.

I can't

Status
Not open for further replies.