New Everton Stadium Discussion

It would be worth a hell of a lot more than £10m a year.

Not sure. I'm not including naming rights as have presumed that they go to cost of building.

A direct increase on the current £20m from 40k capacity to 50k would take it up to £25m. Sunderland make £5m a year from non-footballing activities (conferences etc) and they have a monopoly on their city. Not sure where other revenue would come from

It's a nice idea mate but it just isn't realistic. Main problem at goodison for me is the posts blocking the view. There's no way they can be removed without reducing the capacity or without knocking the stand down and starting again on a bigger piece of land.
The posts holding up the Main Stand roof could all be got rid of using modern roofing materials and designs. I agree about the posts that hold up the upper tiers in 3 sides of the ground.

Not sure. I'm not including naming rights as have presumed that they go to cost of building.

A direct increase on the current £20m from 40k capacity to 50k would take it up to £25m. Sunderland make £5m a year from non-footballing activities (conferences etc) and they have a monopoly on their city. Not sure where other revenue would come from

Hospitality.

...I'm thinking they will be looking at the potential benefits of moving. Things like; increased corporate expenditure; shirt sponsorship: naming rights: club ownership; attracting players: increased TV income; greater global support etc.

Think about it for a minute...Now: 2015; where and what we are in the grand scheme of things,
Corporate expenditure... unless we get an extended run in the CL, we will get, more or less what we have now
Shirts...6mill from chang and don't even start me onKitbag and all the other mega dealskitbag etc.
naming rights... iffy at best.
Club Ownership...Bill ain't selling he wants investment, He's said so many times.
Attracting players...that=money=CL
TV Income... the higher up the Prem you get the more you get.
Global support... See most of the above

Think about it for a minute...Now: 2015; where and what we are in the grand scheme of things,
Corporate expenditure... unless we get an extended run in the CL, we will get, more or less what we have now
Shirts...6mill from chang and don't even start me onKitbag and all the other mega dealskitbag etc.
naming rights... iffy at best.
Club Ownership...Bill ain't selling he wants investment, He's said so many times.
Attracting players...that=money=CL
TV Income... the higher up the Prem you get the more you get.
Global support... See most of the above

........every 'project' will have a business case that outlines the case for change. The business case will contain a list of benefits. Basically, if the business case doesn't stack up then it's not worth the change.

Few things

1. We defiantly need a new stadium I appreciate the sentiment but it's honestly a shocking ground loved my first first verse Leicester but new ground is needed ASAP.

2. Also who was responsible for the kings dock for falling thru? The area is amazing and a stadium there would of being one of the best in the world if it was kenwong he needs shooting

3. Copy Amstredam Arena it's absolutely majestic easy to get to good capacity and a great stadium to boot

........every 'project' will have a business case that outlines the case for change. The business case will contain a list of benefits. Basically, if the business case doesn't stack up then it's not worth the change.

Exactly, redevelop, one stand at a time + buy up as much as we can to increase the footprint

That top paragraph is spot on. We have a box at OT and while the big games are always booked out first the smaller games all get filled. It's about the whole experience not just the actual football.
Exactly and corporate clients want to go to a shiny new stadium with the whole football/retail village. Since when did corporations care about soul.

To think it would only make a small difference to our revenues is nonsense.

What we have to make sure is that it's a stadium worthy of us for the future because I its not it will fail on all fronts.

However with the economy where it is this is the best time to build.

which part of post free roof did you miss... the stands stay and you put a new roof on.
They could've done that on the main stand for an extra 100K... half of what we got for Alan Ball
What about the stands that are held up by the posts though?! Are they just going to float? Or be removed? Either way I can't see us increasing the capacity that way.

What about the stands that are held up by the posts though?! Are they just going to float? Or be removed? Either way I can't see us increasing the capacity that way.

Fair comment, I don't have all the answers ( tom hughes has the real version though )except to say that a whole new ground is not the only option.
How much do you think we will have to spunk on this in 2 or 3 yrs when it comes and how much debt and for how long??? and to how much detriment to team Improvements and overall on the field progress.

Thing is it doesn't fit in with the mega bucks sell out required by Bill and his puppet masters Earl and Green

Agree to an extent (see my later post when I try to guess what will be in the next accounts - and it is a guess!!). However from previous accounts showing a pattern of how the current board operates and some knowledge of the structure of the debt, you can be reasonably certain that the cash in the bank has not been used to pay off existing debt in any great meaningful way. People who believe that Everton are practically debt-free are likely to be misguided

But i do feel it is disengenous and alarmist to use the gross debt figure of 49 mill as the heaqdline figure in terms of debt. If we have 20 mill in the bank it is very unlikely that, that liquidity has been paid upfront on transfers. I would also say the aserstion that the board have had a history of running up debt as also a bit misleading. True to say th debt has increased half of which we know cant be touched. But in the same period our income has increased be almost 500%. Meaning if we take that our true total debt as more than likely to lie somewhere between 29 mill and 49 million (which i dont beleive it does), we have an annual income of approx 125 mill per year. Half of that debt we know cant be paid down and spread out over the next 20 years, so in relation to our income is negliable. We're far from debt free but probably in the best financial position we have been for 17 years.

That is the current picture, if we look at anticiapted increases in revenue - and i accept wholly our income is down to TV - we will gety additional revenue for the new overseas TV rights deal, while the domestic TV deal that has just kicked in, has just been doubled. In that context our overall debt in minimal even at 49 mill (which i dont think it is) and likely to be increasingly so. The true figure for my money is somewhere between the gross and net figures.