What the Hell is happening to Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez took over a side that was finishing 5th/6th and he managed to replicate that feat during a 12 month long honeymoon period. He has subsequently totally mismanaged our squad, and we have been set back years a result. That honeymoon period has gone, and the likes of Lukaku and Mirallas have now seen enough to want out, they don't want to wait around and see if Roberto Martinez can undo his horrendous mismanagement over the last nine months, they just want out.

Everton are capable of getting a manager better than Martinez. Martinez is not the best that Everton can manage. Loads of managers would be interested in taking over his job, loads of them. But if you are pushing for specific names, then I would say Steve Maclaren, Mark Hughes, even Moyes.

Hughes, Big Sam, Pardew, Bruce, et al all thinking how the [Poor language removed] someone like RM with his record at Wigan and having took a team down (finally) after a few years of trying, got a gig like Everton.

it's funny my very first thread on this was about the badge. Back two Decembers ago when we were really flying. I put forward the notion that maybe the stigma of winning would be associated with the badge and if we changed the badge next year and do terrible would we not look back to the badge with feel good nostalgia.

Well unless we win the Europa I think that badge nostalgia will grow into next season.

Maybe the honey bee tower was the key to our success

I'm not picking on you mate, I'm genuinely interested.

If Martinez is responsible for this season's performances then who was responsible for last seasons?

Paul last season it has been generally agreed the legacy left by our EX helped RM to post a record season but this season it has been awful and the buck has to stop at his door. If he takes the credit for last season then he does for this.

It's an enormous gap at the end of a season. It's usually the difference between CL football and none. We had a massive misfortune not to get 4th last season.

It was not a misfortunate we dished the last few games, the spot was ours to keep hold of luck had nothing to do with it.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I love the way Martinez has us playing

I'd happily go back to passing it around patiently, it's a hell of a lot more difficult for the opposition to score without the ball.

Martinez has (rather weakly) ditched his whole ethos because the players/fans screamed for direct football, look where that's got us.

I'd happily go back to passing it around patiently, it's a hell of a lot more difficult for the opposition to score without the ball.

Martinez has (rather weakly) ditched his whole ethos because the players/fans screamed for direct football, look where that's got us.

Well we were 12th and we are still 12th, so, yeah, hmmm.

I would try for Aitor Karanka.

I like him BUT I'd want a manager who has managed at high level. And has won things.

I know Koeman shouldnt be used as an example as its his first season and we know too well how the second could go, but he has played and managed at a high level.

That's what I'd want anyway.

I like him BUT I'd want a manager who has managed at high level. And has won things.

I know Koeman shouldnt be used as an example as its his first season and we know too well how the second could go, but he has played and managed at a high level.

That's what I'd want anyway.

Paul just asked who so I supplied a name and a possibility. Reading between the lines are you saying RM has managed at high level, with Wigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.