Line up V Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry has been shocking this year and should be left out
I don't give a [Poor language removed] he's got a 3 year deal

Maybe yeah but also look at Barry and baines and Coleman when bringing the ball out. There's NO out ball for them!? Last season they had barkley free in the hole, or a winger to link up with...this Year and currently there's a static midfield 3 all playing out of posistion. He's not turned rubbish over the summer!

As said tho that's my strongest 11. Form should dictate that tho, so quiet rightly if a Barry for eg is out of form drop him and get besic in, or naismith in for barkley, or kone/etto in for lakaku....but whoever your starting, for the love of God Bobby please let's play these players in there natural posistions!!

Maybe yeah but also look at Barry and baines and Coleman when bringing the ball out. There's NO out ball for them!? Last season they had barkley free in the hole, or a winger to link up with...this Year and currently there's a static midfield 3 all playing out of posistion. He's not turned rubbish over the summer!

As said tho that's my strongest 11. Form should dictate that tho, so quiet rightly if a Barry for eg is out of form drop him and get besic in, or naismith in for barkley, or kone/etto in for lakaku....but whoever your starting, for the love of God Bobby please let's play these players in there natural posistions!!
I think last year Barry Mccarthy hardy missed a game
And where playing one game a week
This year especially early on Barry was playing 2 a week
I think he played every Europa game
He may have missed one I can't remember
But I think that along with the injuries chopping and changing the team hasn't helped
We could end up playing 60 games this year and most of our 30 something's can't cope with that many
Including Barry

Yep totally agree Stephen. Bobby has only really rotated half the players. And usually with the end result of many players out of position and no consistency or team chemistry (sorry to sound fifa) established throughout the season.

I think we should tweak the formation a bit, based on current players available I'd go with 3 in the middle; When fit I'd play Stones instread of Distin, Besic or Barry is a tough call in the centre so either is fine, Barkley to play just in front of the holding 2 with naismith in the hole, hopefully this formation will give our fullbacks a bit more space down the wing to attack (not sure if our traditional wingers are working, they just seem to be getting in the way of our most dangerous option of attack, ie our full backs) I could see Mirallas slotting into one of the 2 striker positions no problem when fit - when the oppositon have the ball, Barkley and Naismith can split to the wings to give us a more defensive shape.......probably talking b*llocks here but we need to do something to the formation

Howard
Coleman Jags Distin Baines

Besic McCarthy
Barkley

Naismith
Lukaku Kone

I'm not even going to offer a starting XI and the positions I would prefer, as I am pretty confident Martinez will not follow them.

That's what is the most frustrating aspect of our current form. Every man and his dog can see what we need, yet we maintain the status quo.

Even as a normally optimistic person, I am feeling underwhelmed by Everton at the moment. The thought of Stoke on Boxing Day isn't a good one.

A physical team who will sit deep with a rigid defence, attempting to catch us on the break. Three aspects which we are currently struggling with!

We need passion, guile and some luck on Friday if we're going to get a result. Otherwise it could be a hard game to watch...

He needs to send a message and drop a few of them.

Barkley should be getting games in the centre of midfield at home.

Naismith is a must behind the striker, NOT out wide.

Eto'o deserves a shot upfront. Bring on Lukaku after 60/70 minutes.

Distin is gone and Howard's not far behind him.

Sorry for stating the obvious.

I think last year Barry Mccarthy hardy missed a game
And where playing one game a week
This year especially early on Barry was playing 2 a week
I think he played every Europa game
He may have missed one I can't remember
But I think that along with the injuries chopping and changing the team hasn't helped
We could end up playing 60 games this year and most of our 30 something's can't cope with that many
Including Barry

I think when players reach a certain age you have to pick and choose the games they're able to play. If we do that we will still get excellent performances out of Barry.

But playing him every game even rushing him back from injury is madness and strikes me as a little delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.