Southampton v Everton. 20th Dec at 15.00.

What do you want for Chrimbo this year?

• Millenium Falcon

Votes: 59 21.9%
  • Adidas Kick

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Operation Board Game

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • An Everton win

Votes: 186 69.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that I think it's fair to say that not having McCarthy out there has made a difference.

How big a difference? I couldn't tell you.
I think at this game it wasn't the problem. Against Man City it could have changed the game but this game was winnable if the lineup is proper. But it wasn't. It was awful.

What has happened to Coleman?...he's terrible. Baines needs to be dropped. Barry needs to be dropped. Howard, Jagielka and Distin are pub footballers. Lukaku needs to be benched. Eto'o, Naismith and Barkley are all at sea.

And I bet Martinez plays the same team next up.

I said it in a previous post: Martinez is an ideologue, not a pragmatist.

He had better hope that we do well in the Europa...similar to Rodgers

I think the realisation needs to set in now that Jags and Distin aren't up to the persistent passing rote that RM has employed. Theres no use making 4/5 dainty sideways passes...then when an opponent hones in, its either a panic boot to anyone including Howard, or even worse possession lost to the opposition via a wayward pass. Ive rated both highly in their time with us, and Im not generally a whinger about us in public, but its unnerving the times they look petrified in possession. Were also in the unfortunate position that our full backs are a shadow of their former selves at present....think maybe Coleman's injury knocked him back a bit...but don't know what the hells wrong with Baines. We cant afford wholesale changes at the moment, but maybe competition by inclusion from one of our young talents could up the ante with the present mix defence-wise because its looking jaded, worn and very fragile to say the least. Pass the F/Grouse...its gonna be a bumpy night.

We punched above our weight last season. The transfer window in January will make or break us
It will break us then because next to nothing will happen. As for today's performance , was anyone surprised by the
result after they saw the team sheet, he's picked this team before and we all know it doesn't work, why does the
manager persist with this selection?

That's interesting. I wonder if the players are phoning it in a bit because they already know there won't be any investment for the next couple of seasons to free up money for a new stadium.

There does seem a real lack of desire.

It could also mean Kev will be going.

We can totally forget about a new stadium as we needed to replicate of better last season in order that new investors could be attracted. Be honest, would you buy into Everton right now, not unless you're on the way to be insane.

honestly koeman, redknapp even monk would improve us man.

Koeman lost 6 or so players yet brought in quality in tadic, pele and aldweird and has them not far off 4th, Redknapp had spurs top 4 and couldn't bankrupt us with kenwright being skint. Even monk plays good football yet has a plan B and can play it long/physical when need be. That's not including the foreign managers out there.

Martinez like moyes, isn't the be all and end all. I would prefer bobby sort himself out and improve but his comments post match alongside todays antics/his continued mistakes makes me think last season was a purple patch and his wigan record may return

It will break us then because next to nothing will happen. As for today's performance , was anyone surprised by the
result after they saw the team sheet, he's picked this team before and we all know it doesn't work, why does the
manager persist with this selection
?
because he's an ideologue. It will be the death of him....and us

Status
Not open for further replies.