Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besic is going to be a great player he needs time to adjust and learn our league.
Barry should have been hooked today
Aye this. Barry was very poor. Besic has good quality on the ball, energy levels, times his tackles fairly well and is also quite pacy.
All that being said, Barry is probably the better player at the moment as his experience and reading of the game is basically unrivaled in Premier League midfielders.
Besic has work ons too. Heading and holding onto the ball too long in dangerous areas, trying to play out of danger when the simple pass is on. If he can add this and Barry's reading of the game to his game, then he'll be one of the best in the league.
4 million was and is a bargain though.

Sorry, he was poor. He keeps taking one touch too many and trying these weird 'disguised' passes which give the ball away over and over again.

But apparently I'm the only one noticing. I think he has the potential to be decent for us, but he's been very poor as of late.

FFS @Kev The Rat

Got your point, You hate him. Fair enough, You have every right to do so. But blaming him for losing this game while You could easily blame so many other.... the ref ( just awful ), the attacking players who ( except for Barkley) played with around 75% passing ratio and without a single key pass at the first half. Just please don't write down 10 times after each match that IYO he's the worst player You've ever seen. I personally thought that he'll play much worse than he did at these 4 matches, really happy that he shows himself and keep up with the others. And can't wait to see him and McCarthy against QPR (unless Gibson gets fit and RM decides to start them together).

You can't accuse people of bias without acknowledging your own I'm afraid. It's the same as some of the US supporters about Howard.

You can't accuse people of bias without acknowledging your own I'm afraid. It's the same as some of the US supporters about Howard.
I'm just watching it very differently. I'll always admit if he plays poorly (like he did against Israel), but the last 4 games he didn't, made mistakes and the older ones helped him out. And yes, he has to speed up his passing game, what You see is quite true: he did that often at our league but obviously he can't do that at PL. According to his interview he's quite aware of that and he needs time and playtime to sort it out.

I'm just watching it very differently. I'll always admit if he plays poorly (like he did against Israel), but the last 4 games he didn't, made mistakes and the older ones helped him out. And yes, he has to speed up his passing game, what You see is quite true: he did that often at our league but obviously he can't do that at PL. According to his interview he's quite aware of that and he needs time and playtime to sort it out.

But your not in my view. You're doing the opposite.

I don't mind, you have an inherent bias, and you're entitled to support a player from your region, good on you. But I personally look at Besic as a blank page - I want to like him, he has cult hero written all over him, but he's lackadaisical in possession and causing too many issues in a higher level league to be ignored.

But your not in my view. You're doing the opposite.

I don't mind, you have an inherent bias, and you're entitled to support a player from your region, good on you. But I personally look at Besic as a blank page - I want to like him, he has cult hero written all over him, but he's lackadaisical in possession and causing too many issues in a higher level league to be ignored.
Bang on I see nothing in this player that is of use at this level. Ffs we might be in a relegation scrap in a couple of months this is no time to be bedding in unknown quantities.

Sorry, he was poor. He keeps taking one touch too many and trying these weird 'disguised' passes which give the ball away over and over again.

But apparently I'm the only one noticing. I think he has the potential to be decent for us, but he's been very poor as of late.

where they actually 'passes' I thought he was trying to nutmeg a few players

Bang on I see nothing in this player that is of use at this level. Ffs we might be in a relegation scrap in a couple of months this is no time to be bedding in unknown quantities.

See I disagree with that. He's a player who may be good at this level if he works on his game, but he isn't there yet, and people are fooled by his seemingly good composure in possession when in reality it's dawdling.

Status
Not open for further replies.